Petershill v Arthurlie 9/1/16

Nugent4nil

Absolutely gutted at today's result as I felt Arthurlie were worth a point at the very least, that said chances and possession count for nothing it's goals, well a brilliantly worked and finished goal to be frank.

Just wanted to mention the petershill folks who were fantastic in their hospitality, great bunch and the things I dislike about their park the people compensate for it way much more in their hospitality and welcome. Wee Albert and the likes are gents while I had the pleasure once again to speak to Big Tatties who was helping man the Peasies memorabilia stall indoors and on top of his classy patter sends his best wishes to all on here as due to his self imposed exile he's unable to do himself, honestly I ask anyone to spend time in his company and come away thinking anything but good things. That said his horn in the second half sounded in need of some oil!

Thanks again to the folk at Petershill as they are, as most if not all, of the junior world are wonderful people.

Cheers

Robert

Absolutely gutted at today's result as I felt Arthurlie were worth a point at the very least, that said chances and possession count for nothing it's goals, well a brilliantly worked and finished goal to be frank.

Just wanted to mention the petershill folks who were fantastic in their hospitality, great bunch and the things I dislike about their park the people compensate for it way much more in their hospitality and welcome. Wee Albert and the likes are gents while I had the pleasure once again to speak to Big Tatties who was helping man the Peasies memorabilia stall indoors and on top of his classy patter sends his best wishes to all on here as due to his self imposed exile he's unable to do himself, honestly I ask anyone to spend time in his company and come away thinking anything but good things. That said his horn in the second half sounded in need of some oil!

Thanks again to the folk at Petershill as they are, as most if not all, of the junior world are wonderful people.

Cheers

Robert

Big spuds is a sound big guy, spent a halftime talking with him, brand new. I've made an arse of myself at games a few times.

Nugent4nil in " I love everyone in the planet " SHOCKER :lol:

I always try to see the good in everyone Hertha, yourself being a prime example! With Brian putting the Rob Roy Fan account into hibernation it's been great how you've filled the void it's left on every thread, great effort ????????????????????

Jackd1908 is a total p***k.

The problem is Jack will know must people dislike Pollok fans he reason for that

They think there better than every other team,

As they spend more than most clubs.

Nugent is best pals with everyone.

The Peasy guy is a good laugh tbh.

Another game Arthurlie should have won by 4 or 5 but didn't take chances that's football.

The problem is Jack will know must people dislike Pollok he reason for that

Another game Arthurlie should have won by 4 or 5 but didn't take chances that's football.

???????????? Didn't realise the jealous and dislkie for Pollok has only really happened over the last 5 or so years since I've been on P&B. Also didn't realise our budget was common knowledge up at the dump, believe you me its dropped massively last few seasons.

A lot of good people at Arthurlie, especially your management team and guys like Robert. But as usual your obsession over us shines through ????

Bigtatties takes abuse too far, the GoPro video taken during our 5-1 win proves that.

The problem is Jack will know must people dislike Pollok fans he reason for that

struggling to find the 4 or 5 chances......

Dallas missed a sitter and so did McGlone and McAnespie for us. Any football in the game was played by us and, as such, I felt that we were due the win

Good to see Petershill pick up another 3 points against another team who I believe they will be fighting relegation with this season.

If I'm going to be honest I agree with the Arthurlie fans in that they deserved something from the game but at the end of the day they couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Good goal by Longridge to take the vital 3 points for Petershill.

I thought Arthurlie looked like they had some good players going forward but were very poor at the back especially the big number 4 who was hopeless and probably one of the worst I have seen this season.

Still not convinced on Petershill despite two victories in a row. Good performances by F.Chisholm and J.Kennedy on Saturday but would question playing Stevenson in an advanced roll when the team is crying out for some pace in a forward position, playing C.Craig in a wide right role, Playing C.Malone at left midfield when he is better at left back and P.Bradley at left back when he is better at left midfield and leaving our best centre back on the bench. Might get away with this playing against teams in the same position but not convinced it will be the same against the better teams in the league which has already happened a few times this season. Hopefully I am proved wrong but just trying to give an honest opinion.

Good luck to the Peasie in the Scottish Cup on Saturday.

Think you were at the wrong game then mate. Dallas hit the bar from inside the 6 yard box then put 1 past the post from the same place yet down other end of the park.. Then Gary Smith hits post as well as he had a chance inside 6 yard box but got taking away from a touch with Petershill defender. Your deluded if you think Arthurlie never deserved at least a point.

Tony Stevenson hit the post, Fraser McGhee should have set up Daly for a tap in but fecked it up, Mikey White had the best save of the game from Malone's header, Fraser Chisholm mucked up a chance after breaking through, it wasn't all as one way as you make it sound.

I'm not making it all one way but if you think Arthurlie didn't deserve a point your as deluded as your pal. Arthurlie could have been 3 up at halftime

You are making it all one way. We hit the post and missed a sitter in the first half too. No way should it have been 3-0, not our fault that you couldn't score from almost in the goal.

Do you think Arthurlie deserved a point?

If you can't score and miss sitters and the other team does manage to score then no, you don't deserve a point. Possession, chances and everything else doesn't matter, putting the ball in the net does.

Having been at the game on Sat I wouldn't have said Arthurlie pissed all over Peasy, from my point of view both sides had chances to score and a draw would have been a fair result.

I was impressed with the Peasy number 4, where did he play previously?

Take your burgundy specks off eh. Arthurlie pissed all over peasy but couldn't finish.

Now if you had asked if Arthurlie should have taken something from the game then I would have said yes. How do you "deserve" to win if you can't hit an open goal from 2 yards out?

Archived