linlithgow rose v irvine meadow

meadow30

What's worrying about it AH? We had a 2 week shutdown for Christmas. We played on the 12th and 19th of December and then opted or couldn't play on the 26th or 2nd January. We did well to play on the 9th in the Scottish, hardly a soul played on the 16th and we played on the 23rd. Do you want us in the Scottish Cup or not?

Most other teams would love to have our "problems". You can't have everything until or unless this grade embraces midweek football. And there's no chance of that.

It the same period our rivals have proactively stole a march on us on and off the field

Bonnyrigg have put themselves in a position of great strength (12/12 points to our 3/6 in the same period and 10 points clear with only a game in hand).

Bo'ness have strengthened added to their pool of players (Kelly albeit a great acquisition but not in a priority position for our requirements)

Whilst conceding most teams would love to be involved in the SFA cup - not sure come April/May when we are potentially playing 3 games a week we will feel the same. Whilst I acknowledge the value of the SFA cup it should not come at the expense of our own league/cups. Our pool is very light as tomorrow proves where we will have 14 players available including 2 keepers.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll definitely feel the same come April or May. The buzz around the Wick and Forfar games has been brilliant. Concentrating on our bread and butter has yielded 4 junior cup wins in 126 seasons. I'm not going to go overboard about the scottish cup denting our chances on that front.

Bonnyrigg's form isn't something we can do anything about - it is what it is.

Bo'ness buying a player has nothing to do with us - we can buy players too and at any time.

Neither has been "proactive". They've just played the games they had lined up. Bo'ness have nothing to worry about in terms of cup ties - they don't win cups anyway. Bonnyrigg have played one more league game than us in the period of December and January. They also won their junior cup 4th round tie at the first time of asking whilst we didn't. That's not a Scottish Cup issue either. We were playing stronger opposition and we didn't play well.

You don't half worry about a lot!

Wouldn't swap what we've had this season with any of them. Two car loads of us going up to Forfar tomorrow evening again, cannae wait. On a slight downside, no interest in going to Irvine on Saturday. I think the gloss of the senior Scottish is taking a bit away from the Junior Cup.

Wouldn't swap what we've had this season with any of them. Two car loads of us going up to Forfar tomorrow evening again, cannae wait. On a slight downside, no interest in going to Irvine on Saturday. I think the gloss of the senior Scottish is taking a bit away from the Junior Cup.

I wouldn't miss the trip to Irvine - it's coming to a poor stage if folk cannae be arsed going to a junior cup 4th round tie. Fair enough if they can't go but declaring no desire to go is s very strange position for a regular to take.

Hardly a junior supporter then!

I wouldn't miss the trip to Irvine - it's coming to a poor stage if folk cannae be arsed going to a junior cup 4th round tie. Fair enough if they can't go but declaring no desire to go is s very strange position for a regular to take.

Give me the Mud and Glory of the Junior Scottish Cup every time - tomorrow means nothing to me in comparison.

. As I said, the downside of playing in the senior Scottish is that the rest becomes a bit mundane in comparison.

Fitba' Shorts are covering Meadow Vs Rose on Saturday. Should be a cracker with incentive to play for. Hopefully everyone can make the game, but for those who can't, I'll be posting live videos from the match on Twitter and Facebook.

https://twitter.com/FitbaShorts

https://twitter.com/Medda1897

https://www.facebook.com/fitbashorts

For those who don't know about our Twitter coverage, you should check out Troon's feed from Saturday's match... https://twitter.com/Troon_FC

Highlights and interviews should be online on Monday.

Some of the comments on here regarding Rose's fabulous run in the senior cup and the seemingly now scant disregard for a 4th round Scottish Junior tie against one of the biggest clubs in Ayrshire is actually worrying, support the club but not the grade? You are a Junior club, for what it's worth, we know there are issues in the grade, but then there are issues through out Scottish Football.

A word of caution, be careful for what you wish!

BTW well done on getting to the Senior 5th round.

I did'nt just mean me. There are 9 of us going to Forfar and none could be persuaded for Irvine

What about league games? East Cup games? You are suggesting that you only will support your team in the big cup now? Quite sad actually! Law of unintended consequence, your club end up losing support due to success in the Senior Cup. The irony is overwhelming.

Some of the comments on here regarding Rose's fabulous run in the senior cup and the seemingly now scant disregard for a 4th round Scottish Junior tie against one of the biggest clubs in Ayrshire is actually worrying, support the club but not the grade? You are a Junior club, for what it's worth, we know there are issues in the grade, but then there are issues through out Scottish Football.

Why? What's going to happen?

Agree totally with you - Tuesday was superb, but for me winning on Saturday is far more important. Each season my football hopes are all around the Rose winning the Scottish Junior Cup and the League. That is my Holy Grail as a Rose fan.

What about league games? East Cup games? You are suggesting that you only will support your team in the big cup now? Quite sad actually! Law of unintended consequence, your club end up losing support due to success in the Senior Cup. The irony is overwhelming.

Over 2000 at the first game against Forfar - 700 plus fans up at Forfar. Yet the crowd against Irvine was just over 700 with a healthy away support. Looking at a 2nd bus from the Bowling Club for Dingwall - we are taking cars to Irvine. (first time ever we have not run organised transport)

It disappoints me greatly that so many Rose fans focus seems only on Dingwall - supporting a club isn't about cherry picking games.

Skipper has never been one to go regularly. Always just goes to the bigger games.

I did'nt just mean me. There are 9 of us going to Forfar and none could be persuaded for Irvine

Each to their own Skips,did any of that 9 change their mind after the Forfar result,like others if you can't make it for some reason then would understand but just to not go for no apparent reason I can't fathom out,Forfar and big Scottish is a bonus,Junior Scottish is what everyone has aspirations of winning from the 1st round,what ever you do this Sat enjoy yer day.

I'll say it for you, he's a glory hunter.

Lithgae are a junior club and as such the Scottish junior cup should be the pinnacle for the fans, what they have done in the senior cup has been fantastic, but the junior cup should always come first

He is certainly not a glory hunter - he also watches Hibs.

Archived