Stirling Albion v Queens Park

After the Cup exit last night to ICT its back to League business this Saturday when we host Queens Park at Forthbank.

Vital game for both clubs, for the Albion after 2 straight losses in the League we need to win this one to keep in touch with the teams above us in the playoff/promotion race and for Queens Park above us in the League, again its a game they need to get something from this game to keep their playoff/promotion run on track.

Team wise for the Albion should be along similar lines to the Cup replay but I would replace Phil Johnston with Mark Lamont from the start to give us more of a threat up front.

Prediction Albion 2 Queens 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour going round Arbroath want Doris next season

Would be gutted to see Doris leave for another club at this level I must say. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true though. He's highly thought of at Arbroath and i think every club at this level would be interest in him if he was within their budget. Does he lives in Tayside Robert The Bruce?

Must admit this game worries me slightly. It's an important game and it's one we really can't afford to lose, but Queens Park are a good side and how much did last night take out of our players?

I would personally like to see Lamont back in the side. I'm actually surprised he has been benched as he's the type of player who improves the side when he is playing. I've liked PJ when he has played this season, but IMHO Lamont offers more.

Would be gutted to see Doris leave for another club at this level I must say. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true though. He's highly thought of at Arbroath and i think every club at this level would be interest in him if he was within their budget. Does he lives in Tayside Robert The Bruce?

Must admit this game worries me slightly. It's an important game and it's one we really can't afford to lose, but Queens Park are a good side and how much did last night take out of our players?

I would personally like to see Lamont back in the side. I'm actually surprised he has been benched as he's the type of player who improves the side when he is playing. I've liked PJ when he has played this season, but IMHO Lamont offers more.

He lives in Perth. We train in Dundee and Perth. Although RTB is the only person I've ever heard say this.

He lives in Perth. We train in Dundee and Perth. Although RTB is the only person I've ever heard say this.

Cheers mate. RTB has been spot on when it comes to Doris in the past (injuries etc) so I have no doubt there is some truth in this.

Totally agree regarding lamont b b bino only reason I can think why he doesn't start every week is possibly his work rate ie tracking back etc.But what he gives going forward in my opinion compensates for that .pj would be a good foil for Doris upfront with his pace the guys lightning quick to get on to knockdowns etc.Regarding the Arbroath rumour about Doris he seemingly played with there assistant manager at Arbroath and when Moore was there manager he tried to sign him .but let's just hope its steamie talk and keep our best players continue to progress up the table and also build for next season.

Agree lamont is a player jakes safc but I think mclaren demands that when we lose the ball wide players have to defend.If he adds that to his game he has to start more regularly,if we play 4 4 2 why not lamont wide left and pj wide right gives us loads of pace in the wide areas.

Dont think McLaren will drop Dickson so cant see that happening

Archived