Result of the day

socexp

Aye wouldn't mind yous at darvel remember big inglis Jim marner maguire in 1976 at rugby park ?

Absolutely destroyed from the best darvel team in the history of the club

Pity you got pumped in the final lol

Came down the following season & pumped you 6.0 I believe on the way to winning the cup

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said probably the best kilbirnie team ever but no one is talking about the following year ha ha

You said the best Darvel team ever ha ha

But aye . Got beat in the semis in 75 & 76 then finally won it in 77. Similar to the late 80s where Talbot beat us in 86 in the semis & 87 in the final . We qualified for the quarters 4 years in a row then as well

agree anything can happen like beating troon great result btw. and hammered 2-1 lol a like it .....anyway if anyone gets a home draw against us then look forward to a big away support arriving.

Friend it was 2 going on 4 or 5 , two missed penalties and big inglis trying to get close to Drew Pirrie , was absolutely priceless , like I said I'm sure u will want us but u will need to play to beat us that's us all I'm saying

Rossvale had a great result.

i thought so to

speaking with stonehaven guys today and they could not believe how young our team was

6-1 flattered a wee bit as we scored 3 in last 10 mins

interested to see how the draw pans out

Friend it was 2 going on 4 or 5 , two missed penalties and big inglis trying to get close to Drew Pirrie , was absolutely priceless , like I said I'm sure u will want us but u will need to play to beat us that's us all I'm saying

Legend, before today you had very little on here, we'll done on today's result but take the positives from everyone complimenting you on it. Doesn't make you world beaters. Quietly go about your business and you never know. But go shouting from the rooftops and it's sure to bite you on the arse. There's a good chance Troon had an off day so take the win, enjoy the moment but don't start belittling people for looking to draw the factual underdogs of the tourney. The romance of the cup is a wonderful thing, don't cloud it by drawing stats from 30 odd years ago.

Legend, before today you had very little on here, we'll done on today's result but take the positives from everyone complimenting you on it. Doesn't make you world beaters. Quietly go about your business and you never know. But go shouting from the rooftops and it's sure to bite you on the arse. There's a good chance Troon had an off day so take the win, enjoy the moment but don't start belittling people for looking to draw the factual underdogs of the tourney. The romance of the cup is a wonderful thing, don't cloud it by drawing stats from 30 odd years ago.

Bit like yir own fans

I was only trying to say u were strong favourites in 76 but in cup football anything can happen , I'm sure you would love to draw darvel and you may well have a top team but they will need to play that's all I'm saying

Saint Andrews 3-0 Musselburgh.......Saints new management team with bare bones of a squad filled up by teenagers on the bench thanks to 6 or 7 players jumping ship recently...versus high flyers and last years Scottish Cup finalists Musselburgh. A tremendous result and incredible show of desire and unity. Outstanding.

i thought so to

speaking with stonehaven guys today and they could not believe how young our team was

6-1 flattered a wee bit as we scored 3 in last 10 mins

interested to see how the draw pans out

You're there on credit, a wee rub of the green and who knows where it could end up.

True but we had just beaten Darvel in the Ayrshire cup and won 6-0 following seaaon.

Pirrie and Leckie were as good as any player about then. Darvel also beat Kilbirnie in Scottish in '84 ? after the first game was abandoned.

Archived