DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

Feel for the people who did not get a ticket, I was the last one allowed into the shop for tickets. I was kept outside the shop until the guy in front of me was served ( he got 5) The guy behind the counter told me Congratulations you have just bought the last 2 tickets. I queued up from 08.55 and counted around 85 people in front of me.

I would like to congratulate the guy behind the counter with my foot up his arse for not having the balls to tell people who had been freezing for hours they had sold out,instead he sent his lackie out.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any sons fans.Whats the best way to get to the ground from Glasgow Central.Train to Dumbarton Central and then walking?

Get off at Dumbarton East mate, then just head towards the Rock. You can't go wrong, it's about 10 minutes walk if you're slow and 5 minutes if - like me - you're blessed with Steven Saunders-esque legs.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Dumbarton+East,+Dumbarton/Dumbarton+Football+Stadium,+Dumbarton+Football+Club+Ltd,+Castle+Road,+Dumbarton/@55.9399977,-4.5615677,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4888529de7251209:0x2a3e7d48c0fa82a8!2m2!1d-4.55412!2d55.94224!1m5!1m1!1s0x48884d6030afb8bf:0x21f6fc2ae59cb06d!2m2!1d-4.5614257!2d55.9379939?hl=en

I would like to congratulate the guy behind the counter with my foot up his arse for not having the balls to tell people who had been freezing for hours they had sold out,instead he sent his lackie out.

I don't think it would have been too difficult for someone in the shop to go out, have a head count and let people know what realistic chances they had to get tickets. There were hundreds of people behind me who were freezing their arses off.

I know I'm a bit out of place here but why would Dumbarton build their stadium there if they couldn't ever expand or put a terrace anywhere else.

When we built the stadium there weren't any houses next to it. Since then houses have been built which apparently makes any further expansion more difficult.

The stadium was also built in a bit of a hurry with major funding issues. At the time our majority share holder Neil Rankine had sold Boghead and we all thought he was going to do a runner with the money. We were just delighted to get a new stadium and remain in existence.

I'm not convinced we couldn't expand but this story seems to have surfaced in parallel with plans with a move to another new stadium.

Can Dumbarton season ticket holders buy as many tickets as they want aye? Before I nag my relative to get two for my dundee supporting friends.

I think so. For Rangers games there's a restriction of 1 extra ticket per season ticket holder until their sold.

The demand for this game will not be so high e.g loads of Dumbarton locals that support Rangers. I'd imagine you'll be fine.

When we built the stadium there weren't any houses next to it. Since then houses have been built which apparently makes any further expansion more difficult.

The stadium was also built in a bit of a hurry with major funding issues. At the time our majority share holder Neil Rankine had sold Boghead and we all thought he was going to do a runner with the money. We were just delighted to get a new stadium and remain in existence.

I'm not convinced we couldn't expand but this story seems to have surfaced in parallel with plans with a move to another new stadium.

I'm sure the things are in absolutely no way related... :ph34r:

We've only ever completely filled the stadium 4 times or something and that's due to Hearts and Rangers being in the Championship. We have no need to expand.

Where were these hoardes of Dundonians any other time they've played down the Rock?

Balls deep in Dumbarton fans wives tbh.

(This thread is far too friendly so far)

TallPaul, believe you can also get train from Queen St. Saves changing at Hyndland.

There's a group planning on goingandjust watching from the 'Rock'.

Will the polis not go bernarnars at a load of folk binging aloft a big dokkie?

If the set up is anything like our all ticket matches this season then you won't get down Castle Road without a ticket. Polis set up a barrier and only let through folk with tickets/folk who live there.

There's a group planning on goingandjust watching from the 'Rock'.

Will the polis not go bernarnars at a load of folk binging aloft a big dokkie?

If the wind is anything like the last few days we could be entertained by hawf cut Dundee fans being launched over the top of the stand like wee clay pigeons.

If the wind is anything like the last few days we could be entertained by hawf cut Dundee fans being launched over the top of the stand like wee clay pigeons.

Some of the boys planning on it wouldn't need the wind, they'd more than likely dive head first off it for a laugh.

Archived