Ayr United vs Stenny

Don't think the Peterhead comparison is a fair one. They'll get away with far worse because of the geography and travelling of everyone involved. In other words, it would have to be a disaster zone before they got a postponement.

As SuperShug says, this was always going to happen yesterday. When I looked out the window in Troon at 11am I thought it had no chance and the forecast was for 60mph winds all day. We've obviously crossed our fingers and hoped to scrape through but not sure how the ref can take the flak - especially when it seems both management teams were in full agreement.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but fans must be taking into account a decision should be taken at lunch time and it was, game on. Unless a monsoon hits the scene prior to kick off then the game should go ahead. As has been stated previously other games with similar wind went ahead and in the past we have played in similar conditions. Both management teams and the ref got this wrong.

At the Dunfermline game, the by kicks were barely reaching the edge of the penalty box. If they were getting towards the half way line it shows how awful the decision was. That the game got called off due to a five minute period of hail and high winds is ridiculous.

In high winds the game can be a bit of a farce, especially if it is gusting like it was yesterday, with Dunfermline slipping up we need to win games and in a way I'm glad that, in theory, the re-arranged game will be under more suitable conditions.

This wasn't my thoughts yesterday when I was 20min in to a journey towards the ground.

There will be a Cowden fan somewhere arguing we should have had blankets down on the pitch to get the game going ahead

In high winds the game can be a bit of a farce, especially if it is gusting like it was yesterday, with Dunfermline slipping up we need to win games and in a way I'm glad that, in theory, the re-arranged game will be under more suitable conditions.

This wasn't my thoughts yesterday when I was 20min in to a journey towards the ground.

There will be a Cowden fan somewhere arguing we should have had blankets down on the pitch to get the game going ahead

You should have a fence round the park like us to act as a wind breaker.

• 1 month later...

Don't think I can see past an ayr victory tonight.

Getting more concerned as the weeks go on. We seem to be picking up point at an alarming rate whilst those below us are starting to get victories behind them

It is imperative that we start picking up points but I just can't see it happening at ayr.

Don't see why Stenny can't win this. I wasn't too fussed boys like Scotland, Robertson and Millar were rested for the match against Dunfermline and their freshness should give us a slight advantage going into tomorrow's game.

I'm going for 2-1 to the Warriors.

Fancy an Ayr win - home form has been good for the majority of the season. In a strange position where it's hard to get excited about a game even though we could go joint 2nd, as we are not going to win the league and would take a massive collapse to not even get top 4.

It will be Barclay.

Our failure to beat Cowden and/or Albion has screwed up our end of season. Instead of being comfortably clear of the relegation zone, we are in real danger of getting dragged back in, particularly given our next two matches are against Ayr and Peterhead. Oh, and Barclay will be back in nets.

I'd probably agree with that to an extent. Those were the most "doable" games in our recent fixture list and we took one point from six. We're still within touching distance of the play-offs though and after the weekend's match against Peterhead we only have one "big team" left to play (Ayr United at home in mid-April). Get a couple of decent results against the league's jobbers and we still have a chance but that's easier said than done. The only matches I thought we'd win this season (East Kilbride away, Cowdenbeath at home) we lost.

Christ knows how we'll get on tonight with big Barclay in goals. His performance in the first match at Somerset Park will echo through the ages.

Archived