Dundee v Motherwell - Sat 30th Jan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we were the better team, had more possession but like always we don't do an awful lot with it. Motherwell had a game plan to sit in, maybe down to confidence and hit us on the break and it worked. They knew our defensive frailties and exploited it at times.

We had too many shots from distance, Loy was unlucky with the post and we could of nicked it at the death. It didn't look like a penalty to me, pretty harsh with two mins to go but daft from the defender to get himself in that position.

Would of taken the point with 10 minutes to go and we're back up to 6th. Gowser moth and the main stand is shite.

Also, Stevie Hammell has fair put on the beef. He had a nightmare first half up against our attack. Wee fat bassa.

Same with Ripley, I dunno if he was just breathing oot his arse he was so chunky or that he was intentionally time wasting from the 20th minute.

Pearson though, he controlled the midfield for Motherwell at times. He's still got it.

P.S Arturo looks a bit of a donkey.

Bit harsh, thrown on for a debut in a new country, in snow, after training for 2 weeks or so.

I agree he didn't look great but let's give him a wee chance. Fans were ripping Hemmings when he first signed...

Bit of a kick in the baws losing a lead so late again after doing the same against Accies a few weeks back.

Steelmen Online are pretty much calling the penalty a crime it was that bad a decision. Wasn't at the game so no idea but boot in the baws regardless.

Hopefully we sign a couple of new players before riding Partick on Tuesday.

That's 7 goals for Pearo now which is a decent return.

I love Hartley's philosophy of, 'we are shit in defence and need a goal so let's chuck on 4 strikers and just leave the midfield' when we are a goal down.

It comes back to bite us more often than not as we still just end up passing it about with our one remaining midfielder.

That's 7 goals for Pearo now which is a decent return.

We were linked with him as well last season and it was a mixed response by our fans on if they'd want him or not. I'd certainly take him over our powderpuff midfield.

Another 2 goals scored and numerous chances created but we look weak as pish in heart of defence. 5 different center halves this season and none look like they can see out a clean sheet. Very hard to win games when basic errors like leaving men unmarked or not following runners continue. Badly need a leader in there

Another 2 goals scored and numerous chances created but we look weak as pish in heart of defence. 5 different center halves this season and none look like they can see out a clean sheet. Very hard to win games when basic errors like leaving men unmarked or not following runners continue. Badly need a leader in there

Without protection from the midfield our defence is exposed every attack.

Where do you start with that one...

Motherwells 1st -Shite goal to lose but a cracking finish for Motherwells first. Need to stop the cross then no midfielders tracking back with centre halfs all over the shop.

Motherwells 2nd - again awful from our perspective, good from Motherwells - you can't let boys drive into your box from midfield and not anticipate/follow the run.

Our 1st - awful Motherwell defending - cracking ball from Harkins and great composure from Gowser - he fucking enjoyed it too :wub:

Loys miss - :lol: great work from Greg - I never seen him miss tbh as I was celebrating. f**k sake.

Pen shout - couldn't see it - I move to front of the stand 5 mins from the end to avoid trying to get 4 kids down the steps when it's mobbed. Well done Kane for the pressure finish.

Motherwell - that's the 2nd time they've come to Dens and I'll repeat what I said the last time. Dirty and niggly and once again the ref let them away with it for an age before punishing it. It's frustrating as f**k to see but I have an admiration for that strategy where appropriate. It cost us Greg Stewart for a few weeks last time but thankfully no injuries this time.

Pearson would walk into our midfield. Unfortunately he prefers sprinting powerfully through it. Every time we play them he bosses it. Should have made it 3-1 but played it over instead and cost the chance.

We looked fantastic as an attacking force until Motherwells 2nd knocked the stuffing out of us. Motherwell coasted the first half from there and looked comfortable defending 2nd half despite our possession domination. If anything they looked the more dangerous on the break.

Not good enough tbh.

Nick Ross isn't a deep lying midfielder . It's not helping endear him to the Dundee fans playing him there. Neither are his invisible man performances though.

I'll reserve judgement on Arturo - no point judging him on a 15 minute cameo - although those will probably be the legacy of his career at Dens.

Good to see Wighton get on.

Can anyone shed any light on what the infringement was at the penalty?

Just seen it on sky sports news there is no contact whatsoever the Dundee boy has bought a penalty. Wouldn't be surprised if the compliance officer gets him.

Looked to me like Holt got a small amount on the ball and whoever the Motherwell guy was got there just after and from where I was sitting made contact with Holt.(may not have been Holt, and certainly in the realm of outrageous if given against your team.)

Archived