Stranraer v Brechin

Big game tomorrow for both teams. If Stranraer win we start to pull away from danger but if Brechin win we are sort of back in it again. A risky prediction to make given our habit of underperforming at Stair Park but I think we stand a good chance of winning this one and wouldn't surprise me if we can do so with a bit in hand. Okay things are far from perfect but barring one or two problems that still exist I think we are showing real signs of improvement.

Been a lot of talk about our away form being better than our home form but being honest I think its grossly exaggerated. Sometimes you just get runs like that for no real reason. Long term most teams win more at home and that includes us. Do folk really believe that a few negative shouts from the stands are the reason we have lost most of our home games to date?????? Last few seasons we have been strong at home and the folk in the stands are no different. Despite mostly great performances last season some folk were still moaning - bit unfair but didn't stop us doing incredibly well.

Less pressure to take the game to the opposition or a team that's set up to counter attack would be a more credible explanation. Perhaps the away fans are more enthusiastic but I think that's par for the course at most clubs - cause its usually the hardcore that are prepared to splash out for away trips. So can we please stop all this stuff about the away fans being superior etc - its divisive and does nobody any favours. We are all Stranraer fans and that's coming from somebody who has attended many away matches over the years.

Anyway back to tomorrows game. I think we will win by a couple of goals and all the home fans will all go home happy. 3-1 Stranraer (Longworth, Malcolm and Cairney) would be my guess.

Big game tomorrow for both teams. If Stranraer win we start to pull away from danger but if Brechin win we are sort of back in it again. A risky prediction to make given our habit of underperforming at Stair Park but I think we stand a good chance of winning this one and wouldn't surprise me if we can do so with a bit in hand. Okay things are far from perfect but barring one or two problems that still exist I think we are showing real signs of improvement.

Been a lot of talk about our away form being better than our home form but being honest I think its grossly exaggerated. Sometimes you just get runs like that for no real reason. Long term most teams win more at home and that includes us. Do folk really believe that a few negative shouts from the stands are the reason we have lost most of our home games to date?????? Last few seasons we have been strong at home and the folk in the stands are no different. Despite mostly great performances last season some folk were still moaning - bit unfair but didn't stop us doing incredibly well.

Less pressure to take the game to the opposition or a team that's set up to counter attack would be a more credible explanation. Perhaps the away fans are more enthusiastic but I think that's par for the course at most clubs - cause its usually the hardcore that are prepared to splash out for away trips. So can we please stop all this stuff about the away fans being superior etc - its divisive and does nobody any favours. We are all Stranraer fans and that's coming from somebody who has attended many away matches over the years.

Anyway back to tomorrows game. I think we will win by a couple of goals and all the home fans will all go home happy. 3-1 Stranraer (Longworth, Malcolm and Cairney) would be my guess.

Tucker it is a fact that some fans who did not agree with managers appointment, tended to give unfair negative comments on his signings, even though some of our old team from last season making same errors without any negative comments, at the game, or on this forum, that is why some of us went on the defensive.

Tucker it is a fact that some fans who did not agree with managers appointment, tended to give unfair negative comments on his signings, even though some of our old team from last season making same errors without any negative comments, at the game, or on this forum, that is why some of us went on the defensive.

It's certainly a fact that some fans who are fond of this theory about away fans being more supportive (allegedly influencing results) are no stranger to making negative comments themselves when things don't go to plan at home games. If somebody is being dead abusive or personal then fair enough. But some folk need to keep mind its a football match and people will have a variety of opinions. At the last home game I witnessed a fellow fan make a constructive comment which I think a lot of people would agree with (nothing aggressive/nothing personal/no swearing) - but the reaction from a wee group of fans you would have thought they had said something well out of order.

Personally I was happy to give Brian Reid a chance from the outset, won't deny I wanted him out for a while but if things continue to improve am happy to review that stance and hey if he ends up a success nobody will be happier than me! Don't agree that folk were just out to criticise him though - I think the majority of the comments were a result of the job he was doing at the time.

Just my opinion though - don't have a problem with anyone who may see things differently.

Comfortable win for Stranraer today. Brechin were poor and it wasn't hard to see why they have struggled - never really looked like scoring to be honest. Stranraer were decent without being brilliant. A good solid win though in tough conditions though. Team has a wee bit more quality now with Stirling back from injury, the signing of Gibson and Longworth starting. Dick seems to have settled in at left back and Cairney much better than earlier on in the season. Also seems to be a bit more spirit in the camp which helps a lot. A lot of talk about play offs and hey why not aim high? I think that might be a goal we will struggle to achieve but it certainly looks like we should avoid relegation now - that's something for all blues fans to celebrate tonight!

Comfortable win for Stranraer today. Brechin were poor and it wasn't hard to see why they have struggled - never really looked like scoring to be honest. Stranraer were decent without being brilliant. A good solid win though in tough conditions though. Team has a wee bit more quality now with Stirling back from injury, the signing of Gibson and Longworth starting. Dick seems to have settled in at left back and Cairney much better than earlier on in the season. Also seems to be a bit more spirit in the camp which helps a lot. A lot of talk about play offs and hey why not aim high? I think that might be a goal we will struggle to achieve but it certainly looks like we should avoid relegation now - that's something for all blues fans to celebrate tonight!

I think tucker,Paul Cairney has become a better player because of game time,I watched an interesting interview with Rio Ferdinand and he said it took him about 12 games to get game fitness and he was full time,I think Paul started to show his class round the middle of November,interstestingly about the 12 game mark,as for the promotion playoffs Airdrie,Albion rovers,Cowdenbeath,Stenny and ourselves have every chance,just depends who's the most consistent

Archived