Ayr V Blue Toon

Which would have made it 10 v 10 since the non-penalty in the first half should have been a red. Probably the easiest decision the ref had all game and he fucked it up.

Could have easily been 11 v 9 tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, apart from the fact that the player went down before the challenge and Murphy was covering meaning that Adams wasn't last man.

So apart from the simulation and not being last man, aye.....red all day long

Being last man doesn't anywhere in the rules, denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is and that is precisely what Adams did.

Baffling bit of refereeing going by the highlights.

Being last man doesn't anywhere in the rules, denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is and that is precisely what Adams did.

Baffling bit of refereeing going by the highlights.

He is running at an angle away from the goal with 2 players and a goalkeeper to beat when he falls over,before any contact

Eventually when the Peterhead player left the park , he stood on the steps beside the tunnel and at the final whistle he made two gestures to the centre stand , surely he should have been nowhere near the field of play after his sending off , I pointed this out to the two referee supervisor's in the stand , will be interesting to see if there is any further action taken !

You know you're being a bit biased when you're thinking that Murphy is between the Peterhead player in the goal. We can't see the right back in that picture, he's about as relevant as Murphy is to this passage of play, he isn't going to get there before the Peterhead player has the opportunity to shoot.

Adams is also behind him?...

I'd imagine he's started to go down because Adams has just started to go through the back of him.

Adams goes through the back of the Peterhead player while inside the box getting none of the ball with no players in an adequate position to cover, ergo he's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Could have easily been 11 v 9 tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Looked to me that the very first tackle on the highlights that the ref waves advantage was the exact same as the one that Ross got booked for. Given that the same player was then booked for the foul that we scored from then it would have been two Ayr players off in the first half. That would have resulted in a completely different game.

All hypothetical of couse. The only thing that actually mayters is the score and I'll take that.

Looked to me that the very first tackle on the highlights that the ref waves advantage was the exact same as the one that Ross got booked for. Given that the same player was then booked for the foul that we scored from then it would have been two Ayr players off in the first half. That would have resulted in a completely different game.

All hypothetical of couse. The only thing that actually mayters is the score and I'll take that.

As you say strichner its all done & dusted, there is a picture on our forum presumably from Ayrs stills have not been able to transfer on here but it clearly shows the 1st incident that Ross was booked for, it clearly shows that contrary to what some have said here he did not go through the back of Moore but got the ball in a good one footed challenge without any studs up either, the thing that fooled the ref was Moore jumping up in the air & spinning. Ross has his moments but was hard done by for both bookings yesterday

Eventually when the Peterhead player left the park , he stood on the steps beside the tunnel and at the final whistle he made two gestures to the centre stand , surely he should have been nowhere near the field of play after his sending off , I pointed this out to the two referee supervisor's in the stand , will be interesting to see if there is any further action taken !

Would love to have seen your spitting venom apoplexy. What gesture did he make that made you call the cops?

You know you're being a bit biased when you're thinking that Murphy is between the Peterhead player in the goal. We can't see the right back in that picture, he's about as relevant as Murphy is to this passage of play, he isn't going to get there before the Peterhead player has the opportunity to shoot.

Adams is also behind him?...

I'd imagine he's started to go down because Adams has just started to go through the back of him.

Adams goes through the back of the Peterhead player while inside the box getting none of the ball with no players in an adequate position to cover, ergo he's denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Adams is going for a shoulder charge and misses because the player is already heading for the turf and lands on his legs, which is what I said the first time, the player went down before contact. The ref seems to agree with me and it wasn't a penalty.

Had he not went down, Adams challenge would have been shoulder to shoulder, a legal challenge, the player wasn't shaping up to shoot and there were players getting back.

Adams is going for a shoulder charge and misses because the player is already heading for the turf and lands on his legs, which is what I said the first time, the player went down before contact. The ref seems to agree with me and it wasn't a penalty.

Had he not went down, Adams challenge would have been shoulder to shoulder, a legal challenge, the player wasn't shaping up to shoot and there were players getting back.

Your patter get worse.

As you say strichner its all done & dusted, there is a picture on our forum presumably from Ayrs stills have not been able to transfer on here but it clearly shows the 1st incident that Ross was booked for, it clearly shows that contrary to what some have said here he did not go through the back of Moore but got the ball in a good one footed challenge without any studs up either, the thing that fooled the ref was Moore jumping up in the air & spinning. Ross has his moments but was hard done by for both bookings yesterday

Moore did a Maradonna turn, quickly moving the ball so his back was to the Peterhead player, during this the player attempted to tackle and went through the back of him as Moore was too quick.

Haven't seen the incident and don't care who did what. One still does not prove anything and getting the ball means f**k all in modern football. You need to get with the times.

We were mince today and never booked like scoring a second. Peterhead scored from a free kick (brilliant strike) and a defensive howler but they created those chances through the constant pressure applied on our back four in the first half.

Not sure what McCall was thinking with his tactics as we appeared to not have a right midfielder and this caused us no end of problems. Furthermore, Nicky Devlin continues to look like he's forgotten how to play football.

As for Michael Donald, he is a bloody weakling and needs to stop running around like a fairy and sort himself out. He'll be playing amateur football before 2016 is finished if he keeps up this charade!

Rubbish. He's not a left back and he doesn't pretend to be - he fills in but it is more his positioning than weakness that is his flaw in his enforced defensive duties. Put him in his natural left wing position and he looks a decent footballer - still needs to improve his crosses (he would be playing in the Championship if he had a good cross on him) but you can't fault his commitment nor his fitness.

In our set up he is a first choice left wing (they are rare enough) or a great impact sub.

From the highlights it looks a clear penalty to me, had it been the other way round we'd all be moaning about a dodgy ref not giving Ayr a penalty.

Fact is that we lost at home to a team from a much smaller town than Ayr. Our overall record against Peterhead is awful and a sign of the times for where we're at these days.

As a previous poster said, it's a shame we didn't win to make next week's Pars game more interesting. It's a bit of a non event now.

Archived