Who'll win it?

SteveThePirate

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't Germany got a notoriously shite record in friendlies anyway? I wouldn't read too much into it, they'll still be one of the last four sides.

Still think France will win it but I do fancy a wildcard to go far. Portugal, Austria or maybe England if we can find a balance in the side that better protects a fairly weak central defensive pairing.

Spain or France for me. Germany's form since winning the world cup has been inconsistent at best, and my predictor tree has them coming up against Belgium in the quarter finals, and France in the semi finals. A tough ask unless they produce their usual efficient big tournament form. 

Poland are absolute dung who got sworded as hosts in the last Euros: they're massively overrated. Fourth favourites is probably a fair placing for England's chances - they're not a hugely impressive side but there aren't any of those in this tournament. They have a credible chance of winning it though quite a few teams are in the same position. 

Only three teams can win it for me France, Germany and Spain. Teams like Belgium and England will be there abouts but I think they'll look impressive against smaller nations but will be tactically outclassed when playing one of the three mentioned. Semis for England, I can see France winning it.

Poland are absolute dung who got sworded as hosts in the last Euros: they're massively overrated. Fourth favourites is probably a fair placing for England's chances - they're not a hugely impressive side but there aren't any of those in this tournament. They have a credible chance of winning it though quite a few teams are in the same position. 

Poland looked around our level in our qualifying group.  Two draws, both of which we could have edged.  They're similar to Wales - they benefit from having an absolute superstar in their ranks.  We faced them while Lewandowski was in terrifying form.  They scored after, what was it, like 30 seconds?  Then needed a late, late goal to get a point.  Doubt there's any chance of them going deep into the tournament.

England probably deserve joint 4th favourite, but the distant between that group and the top 3 is massive.  France once again look like a brilliant squad, but they'll have to battle against themselves and the pressure of being the home side.  Spain I think will only reach the semis.  They're up there, but I don't see them reaching the heights they once did. 

For me it's still Germany.  I know they've been absolute dogshit since winning the World Cup, but when have they ever gone into a tournament as favourites because of a brilliant qualifying campaign?  They always do just enough at the very least to get to a tournament.  To be honest, they do the same at the tournament.  Low rested players in the quarter final of the Euros last time, and in the World Cup they needed extra-time to beat Algeria, did just enough against France before really arriving in the semi. 

France vs Germany final for me

Archived