R. County (Your County! A'body's County!) vs Hearts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First goal I thought was an OG, will need to see it again.

Dauda's first goal was very nice, a nutmeg through the defender that curled around Fox, his second came from a lovely bit of wing play from Zanatta.

Honestly though the scoreline does not reflect the match. County all over Hearts until the goal, and fell victim to good counter play on the other 2. If they play that way against Hibs next week with a stronger team, they should have no problem.

I thought County played alright :unsure:

Some brilliant link-up play among Gardyne, Boyce and Goodwillie (and later Schalk), that rapport has a lot of promise. Had Boyce's effort that hit the bar gone in I think the home win would have been fairly certain.

Yet shortly after that, there was a huge cock up for the own goal that changed the match. With the way that County open up to chase a result, a score like that is likely to happen. It was a bit like the 0-1 loss at Firhill, which came from an own goal against the run of play but which could have been 0-3 as well with the late chances on the counter attack. Any scoreline could have come out of tonight's game, but County deserved a lot more than what they got.

I thought County played alright :unsure:

Some brilliant link-up play among Gardyne, Boyce and Goodwillie (and later Schalk), that rapport has a lot of promise. Had Boyce's effort that hit the bar gone in I think the home win would have been fairly certain.

Yet shortly after that, there was a huge cock up for the own goal that changed the match. With the way that County open up to chase a result, a score like that is likely to happen. It was a bit like the 0-1 loss at Firhill, which came from an own goal against the run of play but which could have been 0-3 as well with the late chances on the counter attack. Any scoreline could have come out of tonight's game, but County deserved a lot more than what they got.

This.

Thought Boyce played well and Goodwillie worked hard, looked decent.

Tough one to take, that, but Hearts picked us off well when we were chasing.

County were decent enough and really should have been a couple of goals up by half-time. Even at 0-1 (I'm not sure what happened, looked like an own-goal?) I expected County to go on and getting at least a point. Then in the last 5 minutes it all turned to shite. Looked like a tremendous finish for the third.

[CLICHE KLAXON]"One of those days"[/CLICHE KLAXON] really. A bit of a freak result all things considered, Hearts scored with - more or less - every effort on target. I'm not overly concerned by the performance, just a few problem areas within the squad worry me.

Hearts had already sewn up 3rd place but that [CLICHE KLAXON]rubber stamps it[/CLICHE KLAXON]. County should have enough for 4th but it should be a lot more comfortable than it currently is.

Hearts have good depth to their squad. Even with three first team players suspended it was a strong starting XI.

The best I've seen any team play and lose 0-3, could have really wiped the floor with them tonight, we dominated the match.

The ref had no control of the Hearts players falling about, why should they stop it if the ref seems to almost encourage it. I'd like to see the Schalk dive/penalty incident again, also Boyce's move with a couple of one twos then cracked the bar was (almost) sublime.

Woods and McShane worked well not sure what Jackson was on tonight a bit off pace. Goodwillie linked up well with Midge and Boyce, think he'll do well for us. It was some block to deny Goodwillie in the first half!

The best I've seen any team play and lose 0-3, could have really wiped the floor with them tonight, we dominated the match.

The ref had no control of the Hearts players falling about, why should they stop it if the ref seems to almost encourage it. I'd like to see the Schalk dive/penalty incident again, also Boyce's move with a couple of one twos then cracked the bar was (almost) sublime.

Woods and McShane worked well not sure what Jackson was on tonight a bit off pace. Goodwillie linked up well with Midge and Boyce, think he'll do well for us. It was some block to deny Goodwillie in the first half!

Could have. Didn't.

We had a back four as makeshift as you're ever going to come up against. No scoring there must be a sore one.

Could have. Didn't.

We had a back four as makeshift as you're ever going to come up against. No scoring there must be a sore one.

Any defeat is a sore one, if we hadn't created chances it would have been worse, makeshift back four or not. Sometimes you take chances, sometimes you don't, sometimes you get handed goals on a plate. Sometimes you throw away two goal leads. The trick is not to dwell on it and move on.

For what it's worth, Hearts have a bigger and better squad than us, no question, better attendances and better finances, we just try to compete and we're doing ok this season so far. Celtic next.

Any defeat is a sore one, if we hadn't created chances it would have been worse, makeshift back four or not. Sometimes you take chances, sometimes you don't, sometimes you get handed goals on a plate. Sometimes you throw away two goal leads. The trick is not to dwell on it and move on.

For what it's worth, Hearts have a bigger and better squad than us, no question, better attendances and better finances, we just try to compete and we're doing ok this season so far. Celtic next.

Aye, I was being a bit of a dick there. I like County, Frank just annoyed me a bit.

Archived