Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob are you in your 30s like me and have 2 meanings for diddies in your vocabulary?

Diddies = Tits,

Diddies = people acting like Tits.

Diddies = A term used to describe supporters of clubs out with Rangers or Celtic. I think it was first used in the early Only Excuse tapes and has stuck.

I try not to use the term to describe the third category.

Dreading sitting in the stand I've been going to since it opened... The atmosphere will be toxic once the scoring is opened.

Rangers have sold out both stands behind the goals. Kilmarnock supporters are all being housed in the main stand. What is happening with the other stand?

Are all 4 stands open? If they are and Killie have only sold around 3,000 tickets and Rangers 8,000 that leaves a helluva lot of empty seats!

Kilmarnock are expected to have sold circa 4,000 tickets at end of play according to the shop and Rangers have sold 8,000 as you say so Ruby Park will be 66% full.

There were 33,500 at Ibrox which is 66% of it's capacity.

I don't really have a point BTW.

Kilmarnock are expected to have sold circa 4,000 tickets at end of play according to the shop and Rangers have sold 8,000 as you say so Ruby Park will be 66% full.

There were 33,500 at Ibrox which is 66% of it's capacity.

I don't really have a point BTW.

QLP was complaining he will be surrounded by Rangers supporters in the home end. Like him I wouldn't like to be sitting in my seat in my clubs stadium surrounded by opposition supporters.

I haven't followed the way tickets have been sold for this game but surely in a stadium that holds just over 18,000 there is a way to segregate the supporters of both clubs.

Are all 4 stands open? If they are and Killie have only sold around 3,000 tickets and Rangers 8,000 that leaves a helluva lot of empty seats!

QLP was complaining he will be surrounded by Rangers supporters in the home end. Like him I wouldn't like to be sitting in my seat in my clubs stadium surrounded by opposition supporters.

I haven't followed the way tickets have been sold for this game but surely in a stadium that holds just over 18,000 there is a way to segregate the supporters of both clubs.

There was some discussion that the numbers being banded about by the club shop were for the East Stand only, so there could be 14/15k if there's a surge today which I'd expect.

As for the 18k stadium thing, I'll point you in the direction of my previous diatribe on the subject. We can't be seen to hand over even more of our stadium for what is a winnable cup tie, so we as supporters will have to hope that the stewards and police do their job properly.

Using the Rangers 'Manchester calculator' 87,000 tickets.

Differing numbers coming out over tickets. Some are saying 3,700 and some are saying 5,000. It's probably somewhere in between. Sales still continuing today and I know of quite a few people still to buy their tickets due to the way Killie are selling them and they haven't been able to get to the shop yet.

I dont remember seeing fans of other clubs seething as much as we do when the rangers come to town. The title game when they were 27 nil up within 5 minutes will go down in history amongst killie fans for being a horrendous experience brought on by blinkered desire to maximise the income from the game.

In the past, have other teams bent over administratively as much as killie have or are we unique in our shambolic handling of such games?

I dont remember seeing fans of other clubs seething as much as we do when the rangers come to town. The title game when they were 27 nil up within 5 minutes will go down in history amongst killie fans for being a horrendous experience brought on by blinkered desire to maximise the income from the game.

In the past, have other teams bent over administratively as much as killie have or are we unique in our shambolic handling of such games?

I think we are fairly unique in the opportunity to sell so many tickets to away fans. Not many other grounds are 18,000 capacity for a fan-base a quarter that size.

I left said game after 20 minutes and it was the single worst experience I have had in football. (I was hit in the nads twice in quick succession during a game of fives once and had to be crawl off the park to be sick - that was more fun!).

There was some discussion that the numbers being banded about by the club shop were for the East Stand only, so there could be 14/15k if there's a surge today which I'd expect.

As for the 18k stadium thing, I'll point you in the direction of my previous diatribe on the subject. We can't be seen to hand over even more of our stadium for what is a winnable cup tie, so we as supporters will have to hope that the stewards and police do their job properly.

Would it not have been easier to police by giving Rangers a Stand behind a goal and the stand opposite the main stand and give Killie the rest of the stadium. Never understood why we are given both ends as it is impossible to police outside the stadium.

I think it is a very winnable cup tie for Kilmarnock. The odds are unbelievably generous for both Premier league clubs. If I didn't support Rangers that would be my double for tonight. I was confident after the first game but as the game gets closer I am less so. We are poor infront of goal and against better opposition we will get punished. Kilmarnock are not great but Rangers are nowhere near the team some seem to think we are. On our day we can beat more or less anyone in Scotland but as we saw at the weekend when not playing 100% we are far from unbeatable

Archived