Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are fairly unique in the opportunity to sell so many tickets to away fans. Not many other grounds are 18,000 capacity for a fan-base a quarter that size.

I left said game after 20 minutes and it was the single worst experience I have had in football. (I was hit in the nads twice in quick succession during a game of fives once and had to be crawl off the park to be sick - that was more fun!).

QueenPark sold roughly 30,000 tickets twice to Rangers when we were in the lower leagues and very nearly beat us before Fraser Aird scored a last minute winner in one off the games. They have crowds below 1,000 and play in a stadium that has a 50,000 capacity so Killie are far from unique in this.

East Fife have one stand and actually built 3 temporary stands to accommodate the Rangers support and again made it very difficult for us.

Stirling Albion gave us the terracing behind each goal and the stand opposite the main stand.

And so on and so on. So no you are not alone in trying to maximise your income

I'm pretty sure that's a joke you're missing....

Why wouldn't it be true? Our pitch is as big, if not a bit bigger, as Ibrox so it would suit Rangers. Narrowing the pitch is in the rules, and would make our challenge easier.

I just noticed Killie gave us another 200 tickets today.

Did you manage to get one, 'Waggy'?

There was some discussion that the numbers being banded about by the club shop were for the East Stand only, so there could be 14/15k if there's a surge today which I'd expect.

As for the 18k stadium thing, I'll point you in the direction of my previous diatribe on the subject. We can't be seen to hand over even more of our stadium for what is a winnable cup tie, so we as supporters will have to hope that the stewards and police do their job properly.

Killies choice but segregation will be a complete joke tonight, would've been better to follow their initial statement regarding the bears selling out both ends.

I hope the wee raging 12-year-old from the first game is in the Killie end, I think his head might literally explode when we win.

:lol:

Setting yourself up for a fall there.

I just dont see how any Killie fan can be confident after that brutal performance at Ibrox.

:lol:

Setting yourself up for a fall there.

I just dont see how any Killie fan can be confident after that brutal performance at Ibrox.

Setting yourself up for a fall.

Ok they weren't that great but we couldn't score against them. We really need Waghorn to start getting in amongst the goals again. Hopefully tonight is the night he does that

Killies choice but segregation will be a complete joke tonight, would've been better to follow their initial statement regarding the bears selling out both ends.

What are you talking about? Why will segregation be a joke? Rangers fans are in 2 distinct stands - that's as segregated as you can get.

People like you will sneak into the home end but that's hardly our fault. As long as you sit on your hands I couldn't care less.

Archived