Question for stattos (looking at you HibeeJibee)

HTG

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_41601334_potnoodle_203.jpg

Almost certainly not, and given you're including a postponement and an abandonment it won't be possible to check anyway.

As an example off the top of my head - Coldstream travelled 1,200-odd miles (probably more on old roads) fulfilling just 2 ties in the 1950s... Wick (A) then Brora (A).

Almost certainly not, and given you're including a postponement and an abandonment it won't be possible to check anyway.

As an example off the top of my head - Coldstream travelled 1,200-odd miles (probably more on old roads) fulfilling just 2 ties in the 1950s... Wick (A) then Brora (A).

Well of course I'm including them - we were obliged to be there. Anyway, we're laying claim.

If including Postponements what about Falkirk travelling to play Inverness Thistle

EDIT: Elgin's run to Quarter Finals in 1968

If including Postponements what about Falkirk travelling to play Inverness Thistle

EDIT: Elgin's run to Quarter Finals in 1956-57

Elgin lost a second round replay that season.They went to qf in 1968 but only played twice away from home to Tarff and Morton.

It's an interesting question. Taking postponed games into account makes it even more difficult to work out, though.
There may well be a team, like the Falkirk example, who travelled far, needlessly on several occasions. And of course, the Inverness tie was postponed 28 or 29 times.
Also, back in the day, ties went to 2nd and 3rd replays etc, so teams could easily accumulate mileage. Plus, often there were many more rounds than there currently are .
Would Scottish Qualifying Cup games count? That could also be a factor from the days when they (North & South) were played.

Actually, that's got me thinking. Cove, this season had two Preliminary ties and then reached the 4th round proper. They were up at Golspie, down at Motherwell and across at Fort William - which was twice postponed!! Throw-in that even their home games were 42 mile round trips to Inverurie (from Cove Bay)! They're probably over 1,500 miles without anybody necessarily thinking, "blimey, Cove have fairly clocked-up the miles"!
There's bound to be a set of circumstances like that where a team has unwittingly totted-up some considerable. There's so much to take into consideration, before 'claiming' the record!!

Archived