General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

The decision by the U.S. not to use their veto in the U.N. resolution condemning the ongoing building of settlements in the occupied territories is one of the best and worst acts by Obama during his Presidency.

The right decision for completely the wrong reason and five years after he could have supported a similar resolution for the right reasons and possibly influenced Israely policy in the intervening period.

At least it will play some role in continuing to highlight the hypocrisy of the Israeli government who claim to want and end to the conflict with the Palestinians whilst carrying out acts that negate any chance of that.

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-38438070

Was it just last week Pep was clawing the Health Service in Scotland was in great shape under the custody of the SNP Government?

Ah Dr Bennie's annual apocalyptic prophesy is right on time, I see.  He's been issuing the same press release regularly since he was made head of the BMA.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Aye, so just to be clear, the Head of the BMA in Scotland comments on the warnings highlighted in a Government Audit report and he's scaremongering?

Didn't say that either.  I'm saying he's been saying the same thing for years and it hasn't happened yet.  HTH.

14 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:
22 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
Didn't say that either.  I'm saying he's been saying the same thing for years and it hasn't happened yet.  HTH.

Fair do's, nothing to be overly concerned about then. Best ignored.

Whenever Baxter Fart farts out a post they are not the only one's that have lumps in them.

Merkel at a year-long high in the polls* ahead of 2017 elections. After the unrelenting mentalness of 2016, hopefully the Dutch, Germans and to a lesser extent French (they'll be getting a wrong'un in regardless but hopefully not Le Pen) can turn the momentum a bit next year. f**k knows what's going on Italy but who knows, maybe them as well.

*I know, still reading anything into opinion polls. Maybe they'll even call something correctly  in 2017 just to really change things up.

I don't have a strong opinion on Margaret Thatcher one way or the other, but she was really, really right on one thing. I read that she opposed allowing Germany to reunite and predicted it would be trouble. Within a couple decades they impose a monetary policy on Europe that bankrupts entire countries, impose undemocratic governments on multiple countries, and impose a migration policy on the continent that could be the end of many nations based on demographic trends. Germany has been trying to destroy the west ever since they united under Bismark. Thatcher was wise to see the trouble ahead. Germans can't be trusted. Time to unify with the Russians to beat back the threat again.

Edited by Deplorable

I don't have a strong opinion on Margaret Thatcher one way or the other, but she was really, really right on one thing. I read that she opposed allowing Germany to reunite and predicted it would be trouble. Within a couple decades they impose a monetary policy on Europe that bankrupts entire countries, impose undemocratic governments on multiple countries, and impose a migration policy on the continent that could be the end of many nations based on demographic trends. Germany has been trying to destroy the west ever since they united under Bismark. Thatcher was wise to see the trouble ahead. Germans can't be trusted. Time to unify with the Russians to beat back the threat again.

I'm kinda drunk just now so this post makes no sense, I'll be sober in the morning and it will still be a load of nonsense xx

4 hours ago, bob the tank said:

I'm kinda drunk just now so this post makes no sense, I'll be sober in the morning and it will still be a load of nonsense xx

Ah but you will be back to your usual state soon. Blooooooootered.

It's a kind of political chess, and makes sense.