General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

He sought to be cool. Strolling along Downing St with his Guitar and a mug in his hand. His fake voice with a wee pause when something went wrong. Mind it was after years and years of the bloody Tories.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

RT

I would take Blair and Bush over May and Trump any day.

Blair presided and facilitated the single most corrupt arms deal, with the Saudis, in history (it violated WTO, EU and NATO treaties all in one), and quashed the enquiry into it....all kinds of backhanders have since been uncovered...

...not to mention persuading the Tanzanian government (one of the poorest countries in the world) to spend more than their education and health budget, put together, on a useless air traffic control system for a non-existent military...all kinds of backhanders have since been uncovered...

...or negotiating with post apartheid South Africa to sell them all kinds of war tools, manufactured by BAE systems - some of which were, again, useless and they didn't need them, at three times the price of similar tenders from Italy and Switzerland...all kinds of backhanders have since been uncovered...

It doesn't take much digging to find shit on Tony Blair.  There's that much of it.  The man is a weak-willed, easily manipulated war criminal and has done more to destabilise world peace than May or Trump.

The way centrists talk about Iraq is disgusting as well. Like it was a minor blip of a man's career and not the needless death and destruction of millions of people's lives. The Iraqi's haven't known anything approaching normality in over 30 years,

On 29/06/2017 at 12:49, Baxter Parp said:

Debt in 2017 £1.7 trillion, what's your point?

Whataboutery. 

I don't know why you continue to ask for my point when you are quite clearly incapable of recognising any point that does not adhere to your own views.

The term overspending is entirely correct when your outgoings are £175,000,000,000 more than your income.  If you have alternative figures to show that Labour didn't overspend then how about sharing them rather than pointing at the Tories and trying to use the "not as bad as the Tories" defence.

Edited by strichener

"Anne Marie Morris - 'The comment was totally unintentional. I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused'"

Because racial slurs just roll off the tongue. Can't even apologise for it properly. 'I'm sorry for any offence caused' not 'im sorry for saying that word', no, just sorry if it offended you.

Despite using the racist term, none of her fellow panelists, including Tory MPs Bill Cash and John Redwood, reacted.

Of course they didn't.

Despite using the racist term, none of her fellow panelists, including Tory MPs Bill Cash and John Redwood, reacted.

Of course they didn't.

Bill Cash saying today 'I didn't like the phrase but we were in a rush to get to another event.' Poor excuse.