Kanye West - Life of Pablo

Ira Gaines

Don't know why people get so upset about Yeezy's public persona. I listen to his music, and ignore most things he does outside of that to grab attention. Apparently he's a really nice guy in private and I think that comes through in a few of his songs. The seething mess he creates on Facebook etc is pretty funny though.

I never really got the hate for the Kardashians, you don't get where they are and the money they made by beings vacuous airheads and have sold themselves very well. If you don't give a f**k about them don't watch their show or read pointless articles about them.

I do wish that there was a film crew during the recording of the album in the style of the Keeping up with Kardashians TV show, which would either be a Heart of Darkness style tale of Yeezy losing his damn mind or an incredible comedy.

As for the album after a few listens, I'd give it about an 8/10, It's a bit messy in places but the production is majestic and features are terrific. Chance the Rapper is real MVP for his verse and keeping Waves on though.

I never really got the hate for the Kardashians, you don't get where they are and the money they made by beings vacuous airheads and have sold themselves very well. If you don't give a f**k about them don't watch their show or read pointless articles about them.

I do wish that there was a film crew during the recording of the album in the style of the Keeping up with Kardashians TV show, which would either be a Heart of Darkness style tale of Yeezy losing his damn mind or an incredible comedy.

As for the album after a few listens, I'd give it about an 8/10, It's a bit messy in places but the production is majestic and features are terrific. Chance the Rapper is real MVP for his verse and keeping Waves on though.

:lol:

They're rich, they must be 'proper brainy'!

Do you actually know how they became rich and famous?

Mama Kardashian married well, a bit like her daughters are 'attempting' to do!

Apologies, I have hijacked the thread, never fails to amaze me that people continue to take any of this lot seriously.

What am I missing with Kanye? Thought College Dropout had a couple of interesting songs but still dripped with self importance without anything to back it up and it has been downhill since then (and it was a pretty low hill). I've no issue with him acting like a gimp but I just can't get into the music. Any tunes other than the hits that could change my mind?

Don't say that, you'll be called a hipster/snob by the posters that can't be arsed to dig a little deeper into the genre.

I know why you're saying this, but is it not possible to enjoy Kanye and other Hip Hop you define as good?

What am I missing with Kanye? Thought College Dropout had a couple of interesting songs but still dripped with self importance without anything to back it up and it has been downhill since then (and it was a pretty low hill). I've no issue with him acting like a gimp but I just can't get into the music. Any tunes other than the hits that could change my mind?

One from each album:

Late Registration: Gone

Graduation: Good Morning

808s and Heartbreak: Say You Will

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy: Lost In The World

Yeezus: New Slaves

Life of Pablo: Fade

Not necessarily my favourite on each album, but a good idea of his different styles IMO.

Archived