Vinyl

YER SISTERS YER MAW

Gutted this is finished. Really strong last episode (though a bit light on Olivia Wilde scenes) - the good mix of music tied the whole thing together, with bits of early rock n roll, going in to punk, disco and even the roots of hip hop. Plenty of scope for another series. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted this is finished. Really strong last episode (though a bit light on Olivia Wilde scenes) - the good mix of music tied the whole thing together, with bits of early rock n roll, going in to punk, disco and even the roots of hip hop. Plenty of scope for another series. 

Was Monday's the last in the series?  If so, a bit gutted! Love the show.  Althoguh, there wasn't much of a cliffhanger ending, was there?

Was Monday's the last in the series?  If so, a bit gutted! Love the show.  Althoguh, there wasn't much of a cliffhanger ending, was there?

Yes - series over. I liked how it was a fairly cheery ending (apart from for the boy that got shot) with no big cliffhangers. 

Gutted this is finished. Really strong last episode (though a bit light on Olivia Wilde scenes) - the good mix of music tied the whole thing together, with bits of early rock n roll, going in to punk, disco and even the roots of hip hop. Plenty of scope for another series

Yep, HBO already have it signed up for a 2nd series. The last episode was pretty good. Enjoyed the scenes with mafia boss Galasso. The Nasty bits supporting role for the New York dolls was a bit naff though.  Crowd booing f**k out them going on stage, them half-way through their 1st song the crowd starts going wild for them. Wasn't too impressed by the acting of Jagger's son at times as lead singer Kip Stevens either tbh but overall it was an enjoyable season. Bobby Cannavale's role as Richie stole it though. 

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed the series, good music and good looking burds, but I found the storyline to be weak at times. I'm a big fan of the '70s NY music scene so it was right up my street. I'm kinda ambivalent about them cancelling the second series as I do think the Americans have a habit of kicking the arse of these things. Boardwalk Empire was a season too long for example.

Thought it would have survived into a second season, especially with it being an HBO show where they tend to allow programmes to grow. The worst thing about American TV is when they cancel a show without telling the writers well in advance, leaving you wanting to know what happens next. Ray Romano was great in that show and his look at the end of the finale had me wondering what was coming next.

• 3 years later...