Glastonbury 2016

Ira Gaines

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read something similar that they had reached the end of a chapter or something.

Tedious band.

Glastonbury has become more of a theme park than a music festival.

The BBC owns it now and, as you would expect from the BBC, have totally ruined it.

Tedious band.

Glastonbury has become more of a theme park than a music festival.

The BBC owns it now and, as you would expect from the BBC, have totally ruined it.

Nothing to do with the BBC.

Eavis' daughter is more involved these days and is probably a bigger factor behind the dross line-ups over the biggest stages.

Aye, Michael barely even knows who's playing anymore. Anytime he's asked something about headliners he spouts some crap and then it turns out he was miles off. Emily is definitely the person running the show, but I do think he books quite a lot of the lineup as well.

And yes, it would appear that Coldplay have now played their last UK shows.

EDIT: Should be Michael doesn't even know who's headlining anymore.

I am planning to head to Glasto next year and the plan was to hire a camper van and drive the badboy down, is this a good idea or should I abandon that and fire down with the car and a tent? I've never been before, no idea what the campsites and stuff are like.

I am planning to head to Glasto next year and the plan was to hire a camper van and drive the badboy down, is this a good idea or should I abandon that and fire down with the car and a tent? I've never been before, no idea what the campsites and stuff are like.

I didn't think it was on next year??

I'd pick the campsites every time. I usually camp opposite the other stage which means I can see and hear the acts in the early slots without leaving the tent.

It's on next year. Gap year the following, but rumours are that it's not a gap year, and instead, the first year at a new site.

People that should know better have been misinforming me. I can only assume they don't want me to be there year.

ðŸ™

I enjoyed it as always. I think it will be my last time in a while though. The headliner acts just aren't out there any more. The place is mental south East corner is so fucking cool. Arcadia is a good show. Sunday I seen band of horses, mystery Jets, Jeff lyn (not my cup of tea), bat for lashes, and a few others I can't remember. I went to Coldplay and I enjoy some of their songs. New stuff is shite though. Laughed like f**k when the bee gee appeared as all the young Essex lads and lasses were creaming themselves about Rhianna making an appearance. All and all some weekend and still paying for it now.

• 2 months later...
I'm planning to go to Glasto next year, travel wise, what would you recommend from Glasgow?

For all but one of the years I've been I've drove. It's over 400 miles each way from Glasgow but means you can take more stuff i.e. beer/cider. We always broke the journey up by getting a cheap hotel the night before and after, usually around the Bristol or Taunton area, meaning you only had a short drive to the site. Having a nearby hotel on the Monday after is a must IMO, you'll be broken!

I flew to/from Bristol one year and although it wasn't bad I missed the roadtrip and felt restricted with what I could take.

Hope you get tickets, I'll not be going again next year but it really is something else. Being a first timer at Glastonbury really is an amazing experience [emoji3]

8 minutes ago, mynameisearl said:

For all but one of the years I've been I've drove. It's over 400 miles each way from Glasgow but means you can take more stuff i.e. beer/cider. We always broke the journey up by getting a cheap hotel the night before and after, usually around the Bristol or Taunton area, meaning you only had a short drive to the site. Having a nearby hotel on the Monday after is a must IMO, you'll be broken!

I flew to/from Bristol one year and although it wasn't bad I missed the roadtrip and felt restricted with what I could take.

Hope you get tickets, I'll not be going again next year but it really is something else. Being a first timer at Glastonbury really is an amazing experience emoji3.png

Thanks, that's helpful! First time for me, all registered and stuff so just need to hope I can get a few tickets sorted.

I looked at flying from Edinburgh to Bristol and staying the Tue's night but as you say was unsure with regards to getting a cargo and the likes, driving down the Tue's sounds like a better option.

Have you stayed in the Worthy View area of the festival before?

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

I also see there is a bus that leaves Glasgow on the Tue's night and gets to the festival early doors on the Wed morning then leaves at 10am on the Monday morning, anyone done this before?

We did that the first year we went. A very long journey and you'll be limited with what you can take with you but it's very convenient and saves a lot of hassle as you're straight there and back.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived