Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully you're not serious. You can clearly see Kerr doesn't touch Russell at all, who then gives it the full dying swan effect

You maybe want to consider a trip to Specsavers. Without disagreeing that Russell, as he usually does, exaggerates it, there is quite obviously contact and as Mr X says, Kerr doesn't make a complaint about the award at all.

what was the gesture that Baird gave in the direction of the Queens fans? Did he get stick for his weight there?

Baird was hardly their long enough to know the Queens fans. Probably was getting stick for his weight tbh?

I'm still not convinced that he's any better than any of our own youngsters I'm afraid. Every time I've seen him play since that Semi he's been totally anonomous including Saturday.

Well I'd say his best performance for Queens was in the 1-0 home win over St Mirren the other week.

Well I'd say his best performance for Queens was in the 1-0 home win over St Mirren the other week.

I think the fact that Hibs aren't willing to play him in the championship says it all. Whilst the likes of Cummings are getting games week in week out at this level Harris and Stanton haven't had a look in. I doubt either will be getting another Hibs contract.

I think the fact that Hibs aren't willing to play him in the championship says it all. Whilst the likes of Cummings are getting games week in week out at this level Harris and Stanton haven't had a look in. I doubt either will be getting another Hibs contract.

I hope Queens sign up Harris if he were to leave Hibernian..

Seriously, does Russell have some history against Falkirk? Did he get freed by us as a youth player or a bad injury at Brockville sometime? He always seems overly wound up when I've seen him against us... Gets himself in a right fecking lather over every throw in, every foul, greetin' and bleatin' to the point its clearly counter productive to his effect on the game.

Seriously, does Russell have some history against Falkirk? Did he get freed by us as a youth player or a bad injury at Brockville sometime? He always seems overly wound up when I've seen him against us... Gets himself in a right fecking lather over every throw in, every foul, greetin' and bleatin' to the point its clearly counter productive to his effect on the game.

He's like that every game.

I've noticed this too, even when he played with Livingston, I remember him getting sent off for kicking out at Darren Dods when he had already been booked.

He looked like he was wanting to get sent off that day, flying into tackles, raging at every decision, shouting at the ref, kicking the ball away and generally looking like a mentalist, really pissed off looking.

Russell seems to get wound up whenever he plays against any of his former clubs, like Alloa, Dumbarton, Livingston and Greenock Morton all in the Scottish Championship at present.....

Watched the highlights back.

I thought at the time it was a foul for Queens' for the free kick for their goal - watching it back Russell just makes a fucking meal of it. Then has the cheek to roll around for 10 seconds. Pathetic.

We still have to deal with the ball in better though, and I think Rogers should come and claim it - or at least punch it clear. Failing that Watson or McCracken has to deal with it, and neither are tight enough to their men.

Good build up play for the first and lovely cross, still don't think Atkinson could have done much to stop Baird's header. Good cross from Baird for the second as well, unfortunately put in to his own net by Dowie. Alston and Hippo are waiting right behind him to score if he doesn't touch it though. Good play from Baird to keep the move alive for the third but from a Queens viewpoint Alston was allowed to turn and shoot far too easily.

The booking for Hippolyte was harsh and I thought we had a good shout for a penalty for the handball in the second half. Would like to see the incident Muirhead got booked for again as well.

Still not really sure how Miller's header and O'Hara's chance didn't end up in the net. Still, very happy with the second half response from the team and with Hibs result it was an important 3 points.

There is no way Rogers can come for that cross. Your CH's have to attack that and they didn't.

As far as the free kick Kerr clearly catches him behind the knee, you see Russell grabbing the area Kerr catches immediately. Spec savers time my boy for you.

A softish looking free kick that we scored from. Russell maybe does get caught, but an objective assessment isn't easy when he throws himself like that.

Our defending for the last goal is criminal. I bet Alston couldn't believe how much space and time he found in that area. It's not as if he did so by some incredible movement or was found by a brilliantly disguised pass.

For Falkirk's second the ref plays a good advantage. Dowie is a bit unlucky, but it's not quite the "he had no option" - "a goal was inevitable anyway" type situation I was expecting to see, after reading some comments on here, either. He might well have done better in steering it away.

A softish looking free kick that we scored from. Russell maybe does get caught, but an objective assessment isn't easy when he throws himself like that.

Our defending for the last goal is criminal. I bet Alston couldn't believe how much space and time he found in that area. It's not as if he did so by some incredible movement or was found by a brilliantly disguised pass.

For Falkirk's second the ref plays a good advantage. Dowie is a bit unlucky, but it's not quite the "he had no option" - "a goal was inevitable anyway" type situation I was expecting to see, after reading some comments on here, either. He might well have done better in steering it away.

Looked like he threw his leg high in the air to block the cross and the ball hit the sole of his boot before flying into the top corner. Pretty freakish..

Archived