Names on strips

theneutral

Curious to know what everyone thinks on putting names on the back of strips with the players for each team paying a sort of deposit so if they were to leave/sold then the deposit would either get returned or not. I'm sure there would be someone with a better idea on how it could work and with the many volunteers who give the time to record and video games . Would this make this easier to identify players and scorers etc ??

That means needing a jersey for every player for home & away strips. Most Junior teams cant afford that sort of outlay.

I think we've got about four or five sets of strips on the go at the moment - it would be quite an outlay on the offchance that somebody might want to film the game.

If someone wants to know lineups, they're readily available prior to the game and if someone wants to know the name of a scorer, it's easy enough to ask somebody...

That means needing a jersey for every player for home & away strips. Most Junior teams cant afford that sort of outlay.

Very true.And of course,while the cost of the lettering may be seen as a negligible and recoverable expense by senior clubs,it could easily be the deal breaker in a certain North Lanarkshire side's negotiations as they bid to strengthen their title challenge with the audacious signing of Sokratis Papastathopoulos.* :)

*May be just a rumour. :(

All you need is your name on a piece of fabric and a strip of velcro.

I have a talbot top with champions put on it this way.

Don't worry it's secure,it's been stuck on there for 3 years now!!!

All you need is your name on a piece of fabric and a strip of velcro. I have a talbot top with champions put on it this way. Don't worry it's secure,it's been stuck on there for 3 years now!!!

I can see how that would work,Rodders happy. :)

It looks smart but surely not cost effective. Look at the player turnover already with Gartcairn. Not saying they are doing wrong but can't be cheap

Think this was already mentioned on another thread. The tops were printed at the start of the season based on the initial squad but have not had new tops printed for any of the players signed during the season. As a result, most of the players now take to the field with the wrong name on their top. I believe a new set of strips will be purchased for next season with numbers only.

Archived