Elgin v East Fife

So let's get this started. A huge game for us this week against a tough opponent, Elgin's home form is nothing to be sniffed at and this is going to be a tough game for the East Fife boys. Hopefully Gary will take last weeks loss to heart and have us set up properly. I am hoping for 3 points and believe the boys can do it so Mon the Fife.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game, Elgin unbeaten at home all season and quite rightly favourites for the title.

Fife will have to start better than we did last time as 2 very quick goals left us chasing the game last time around.

Looking forward to another trip and a mars bar and batter on the way home (hopefully after 3 points)

Hoping for a 1-2 Fife and back to top of the table

Hoping Elgin continue their good home form for this match against the Fifers. We play them on Tuesday night and will be looking to get something from this game.

Prediction another Elgin home win, followed by a shock defeat to the Albion on Tuesday night do for me !

Elgin beat East Stirlingshire on Saturday without being great. There is clearly a certain fear factor that inhibits the free flowing football we played previously. I guess it's the same for all the teams at the top, just not something our players are used to. The bravest team will win the day, that's why I'm going for a scoring draw.

Interesting times for Elgin. Never get a better chance to win the League and it will be interesting to see how a young squad, most under 23, with numerous loanees handle it. Will they start to feel the pressure which will inhibit them, possibly evidence of this in past couple of weeks or will their youth give them a care free attitude where they embrace the challenge. Anyhow as a supporter it's better at this end of the league. Always worry about EF as we always struggle against a team with pace up front and Austin has killed us at BB before. Anyhow I'm a glass half full man so I'm going for a home win regardless of what I may be feeling.

East Fife always cause us problems and were the last team to score at Borough Briggs in November, so it's going to be tough. After the Clyde result tonight, I would take a draw on Saturday now.

Massive game. It feels like a 'must not lose' game as well if we want to win the league. Elgin have an impressive record at home but they're nowhere near unbeatable. We've just got to get last week out the system and do the same things we were doing for the last 2 months.

Pleasantly surprised to be talking about a top of the table encounter. Will take a draw. A win would put us in a great position for the rest of the season and mean the title is ours to lose. If we lose on Sat we still have a game in hand.

Hoping last week was just a bad day at the office and we can bounce back. I wouldn't say this is a must win game as a point would be decent but 3 points would be massive. I know Gary got stuck into the players after last weeks no show so here`s hoping our players will produce the goods. Mon the Fife!!

I think EF have to get 3 points tomorrow to stand any chance of finishing in automatic promotion.

A point is a good return and will increase our chances of a playoff place.

Elgin's remaining 10 games they have 6 at home and going by Elgin's home form they will be looking for a heavy return of points in all home matches.

Thats me showered,

No remarks about Methil and showering please.

Raining in Fife this morning then? Sorry, couldn't resist! I hope you have a good day out. (But no 3 points...)

Chilly, but dry at the moment here. Should be a cracker of a game with both teams keen on a win.. dull 0-0 draw then.

Archived