Stranraer v Forfar 05.03.16

One of my favourite away trips.

Looks like roadworks may impact the journey time this weekend though. Traffic Scotland reporting that the A77 to be closed and diversion from Girvan to Newton Stewart and into Stranraer on the A75.

Better option just to travel down the M74/A74(M) towards Dumfries? Anyone?

As for the match...

After a positive couple of games, last night was a real step back in terms of performance. We did create a few chances and the opening 20 minutes looked quite good until they scored. (probably a reversal of the earlier game at the Glebe).

After that...defensively we were poor (and I mean that as a team rather than just the back 4/5).

Not sure about suspensions/injuries for us yet (will wait to see) although Yano & Travis are probably out. Not sure about Dunlop. Kennedy hopefully back too.

Stranraer seem to be very hit and miss with their results at the moment. We just need to hope we catch them on an off day!

'mon the Loons - for a sneaky wee away win - 1-0 (Ryan)

crowd 450

50/50 to finally be won by me £240.00

Pies to be tasty

A77 to close over March weekend with Newton Stewart diversion.

Almost £200,000 of maintenance will see the A77 south of Ardwell close over the weekend of Friday to Monday March 11-14.

Dates for two other weekends of closures are being consulted locally and will be announced as soon as possible.

The resurfacing works will repair defects to the existing road surface near to Shallochpark Roundabout near Girvan.

To carry out these works safely there will be a total road closure in place over the weekend from 8pm on Friday March 11 through to 6am on Monday March 14.

Road users should travel along the A714 to Newton Stewart before taking the A75 back towards Stranraer. The route is for both northbound and southbound movements.

Almost £200,000 of maintenance will see the A77 south of Ardwell close over the weekend of Friday to Monday March 11-14.

Dates for two other weekends of closures are being consulted locally and will be announced as soon as possible.

The resurfacing works will repair defects to the existing road surface near to Shallochpark Roundabout near Girvan.

To carry out these works safely there will be a total road closure in place over the weekend from 8pm on Friday March 11 through to 6am on Monday March 14.

Road users should travel along the A714 to Newton Stewart before taking the A75 back towards Stranraer. The route is for both northbound and southbound movements.

Brilliant - wish I'd taken a screenshot of the trafficscotland map - I was positive it said this Friday earlier today!!! Good news though.

Cheers.

Not good news for travelling fans , is it possible to take the 714 to barrhill then head for Colmonell which brings you back onto the A77 just north of ballantrae ...this would only add about 20 mins to your journey , I know this route well but the police don't like sending big lorries down this route so they may shut it for everyone ..if not its the way to go

Now we are back down to earth with a bump there are a few questions to answer.

1) Can we cobble together a back four.

2) What is our best mid field four.

3)Should we stick with our captain-appoint TOB- drop captain to bench.

4) Accept the fact that Foxy is best as a 30min impact sub.

5) Can we pick up any points on Saturday?

Now we are back down to earth with a bump there are a few questions to answer.

1) Can we cobble together a back four.

2) What is our best mid field four.

3)Should we stick with our captain-appoint TOB- drop captain to bench.

4) Accept the fact that Foxy is best as a 30min impact sub.

5) Can we pick up any points on Saturday?

5. No

Couple of options maybe (Depending on Dunlop's fitness)....

Standard 4-4-2

Hill

Spark Dunlop TOB Kennedy

DD Martin Foxy Swanks

Craig Ryan

or 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2

Hill

Spark TOB Kennedy

Kader Martin Foxy DD

Swanks

Craig Ryan

4-4-2 seems the likeliest and if Dunlop's not fit, the options for a second centre half are limited - don't know if Spark can play there. Derek Young could fill in at right back or even drop to centre half I suppose.

3-5-2 would need the wingers to put in a real shift covering back and if Swanks is in the middle we might need Young or Hodge to hold (in place of Foxy)

Who knows!!

Archived