Potential Signings for Top Table

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what you're advocating to achieve proper competition in our top league is for Rangers to some how disappear and for Celtic to regress backwards and play inferior football, a standard which would be much closer to what other clubs are capable of. Sorry not for me, I don't want to dilute standards in Scotland any further, it's already pretty low as it is. Yes sometimes Rangers and Celtic won the league by considerable margins but I can also remember many helicopter Sundays where no one knew who had won the league until the final whistle. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the fact that it was Celtic and Rangers that made it exciting, it would have been the same if it had been Hearts and Aberdeen. Of course King wants Rangers to win 55% of the titles what did you honestly expect him to say? I'm surprised the percentage was so low. Don't be dispirited you're entitled to your vision and if there was some other way to achieve a more level playing field I would probably agree with you just not this one.

Airdrie fan defending Rangers?

CTlk5joU8AAnR4C.jpg

its the latest bullshite concocted by phil mcthree names and his ilk, so far he has had a zero percent success rate based on his theories this one wont be any different, warburtons interview on sunday made it pretty clear that if we beat hibs in the final we will be back in europe, the overall debt allowed in the doument is nowhere near our current internal debt and there are so many debt write offs within it (for facilities, youth etc) that we will be nowhere near the limit

Can you show your working out on that please?

So,  if/when the debt becomes unsustainable, they'll put the holding company into admin/liquidation and sell the club onto a new holding company?

I'm not sure that will be legally acceptable - the club will be treated as an asset - but, morally, do you think that would be a reasonable thing to do?

you are getting confused with the company that runs the club rangers ltd and the holding company rangers international ltd, added to that you are inventing scenarios based on zero facts - the debt will be sorted out with a share issue and getting more money into the club through finishing high in the spfl, european runs, increasing season ticket prices etc

you are getting confused with the company that runs the club rangers ltd and the holding company rangers international ltd, added to that you are inventing scenarios based on zero facts - the debt will be sorted out with a share issue and getting more money into the club through finishing high in the spfl, european runs, increasing season ticket prices etc

Not before you potentially qualify for Europe it won't. 

Can you show your working out on that please?

ffp applies to wages and transfer fees, everything else is excluded, we are massively under the 30  million limit, no one at rangers or in the mainstream press thinks it will be an issue, only loonball bloggers - that good enough for you

Not before you potentially qualify for Europe it won't. 

most of the debt does not count for the purposes of ffp, - transfer fees and wages are the only things that do, everything else is excluded, we are well under the limit

ffp applies to wages and transfer fees, everything else is excluded, we are massively under the 30 million limit, no one at rangers or in the mainstream press thinks it will be an issue, only loonball bloggers - that good enough for you

The limit is 5 million euros, unless entirely covered by "equity participants" in which case it can be extended to 30 million euros. So, who is covering the debt.

I wonder what the monitor guys are raving about this week?

I had a look to see. They talk about unpaid taxes preventing Rangers gaining a licence. This is total nonsense from them.

A Lanarkshire bloke saying 'let's make things better' rather than, 'let's enjoy mediocrity' shocker.

You're too sensible for the thread, china ;)

Who might it be better for though, Kincardine?

Answer me honestly. Who is it better for if only two teams can reasonably be expected to prosper, other than people aligned to those teams?

So what you're advocating to achieve proper competition in our top league is for Rangers to some how disappear and for Celtic to regress backwards and play inferior football, a standard which would be much closer to what other clubs are capable of. Sorry not for me, I don't want to dilute standards in Scotland any further, it's already pretty low as it is.

Yes sometimes Rangers and Celtic won the league by considerable margins but I can also remember many helicopter Sundays where no one knew who had won the league until the final whistle. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the fact that it was Celtic and Rangers that made it exciting, it would have been the same if it had been Hearts and Aberdeen.

Of course King wants Rangers to win 55% of the titles what did you honestly expect him to say? I'm surprised the percentage was so low.

Don't be dispirited you're entitled to your vision and if there was some other way to achieve a more level playing field I would probably agree with you just not this one.

So a standard set by two clubs with massive spending power that others can't touch is healthy for the wider game? How so?

How did other sides benefit from the presence in our game of Larsson or Laudrup? The only impact was in encouraging brainless overspending in others. If I want to watch brilliant players, I've got a telly.

I can't honestly believe that you're suggesting a helicopter Sunday involving Hearts and Aberdeen would be "the same" as a Celtic/Rangers one. Neither Hearts or Aberdeen can point to resources that dwarf those of rivals like Hibs or Dundee United by ten to twenty times. Neither your home town or mine is full of people who identify primarily with Hearts or Aberdeen at the expense of sides closer to home. Any trophy for OF fans is clearly diluted in significance and meaning by the fact that if they miss out this time, they'll have every chance next time round.

My objection to King's comments was that he saw all trophies going to two clubs from one city as ideal, rather being based on where he drew the line between the two.

I understand why OF fans - especially Rangers ones given recent history - yearn for a return to a set-up where two teams have simply colossal advantages over their peers.

I'm utterly baffled however, as to why anyone else would.

Probably infinitely better than living in Airdrie, having a big team, and that big team being rangers!

In your eagerness to curry favour with your pals you've failed to understand the post, glad to say RandomGuy understood it perfectly.

Oh and about the Airdrie thing, if I told you I supported AlbionRovers and stayed in Coatbridge I suppose my big team would be Celtic?

In your eagerness to curry favour with your pals you've failed to understand the post, glad to say RandomGuy understood it perfectly.

Oh and about the Airdrie thing, if I told you I supported AlbionRovers and stayed in Coatbridge I suppose my big team would be Celtic?

Yeah, I got it fine thanks.

The limit is 5 million euros, unless entirely covered by "equity participants" in which case it can be extended to 30 million euros. So, who is covering the debt.

The answer is in what you have posted, do you really need me to explain it To you?

Archived