Potential Signings for Top Table

I know I shouldn't bite as you're a total Fucking moron but this rangers team is no better than the hearts of last year. It's pretty close but from experiencing both teams I'd definitely say the hearts team was better.

This, children, is an object lesson in how to confuse yourself.  It's also, broadly, how The Diddies express themselves so no wonder we reasonable Bears find it tricky to get The Diddies off the fence.

We're not dealing with posters with an easy facility with English, here.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, we are better than the hearts side from last season, you are in for a shock next season

Maybe you are, but they've improved as well and are still a level above you.

This, children, is an object lesson in how to confuse yourself.  It's also, broadly, how The Diddies express themselves so no wonder we reasonable Bears find it tricky to get The Diddies off the fence.

We're not dealing with posters with an easy facility with English, here.

There's nothing wrong with what Wilkinson wrote at all.

Plenty among us, are capable of using the language effectively.

There's nothing wrong with what Wilkinson wrote at all.

Plenty among us, are capable of using the language effectively.

It was probably a pish attempt at getting bites, typical of wilkys usual posts.

It was probably a pish attempt at getting bites, typical of wilkys usual posts.

Really? You voted for me for alloas best poster didn't you?

FWIW I didn't come her looking for bites I came with what I thought was a pretty rational support and I was actually the one who ended up biting to a couple of fuds that support rangers...

Really? You voted for me for alloas best poster didn't you?

FWIW I didn't come her looking for bites I came with what I thought was a pretty rational support and I was actually the one who ended up biting to a couple of fuds that support rangers...

It was either you or the guy with the wasp avatar, you got lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
I reckon we need to sign another dozen players to be challenging for the league title next season, just as we needed to sign 12 last season. 

Not that the guys we have brought in aren't good enough, indeed Warburton has not signed a bad player, but we will get injuries and suspensions next season, and you can't carry players who are out of form, we saw that in League 1 never mind the top division, so I don't buy Warburton's mantra about having a small squad. However most of the guys Warburton has brought in so far were boys he knew well from 2nd tier football in England. No top level English player is ever going to play in the SPFL (apart from Carlton Cole obviously) so we are going to require foreign signings, but does Warburton know that market well?

For me the priority is a defensive right back, a defensive midfielder and a number 9 striker. Halliday isn't good enough for the top level in my opinion, Tavernier can't defend - though I would play him further forward - and Kenny Miller surely can't do another full season at the top. Maybe we could sign a few Ross County players (not Foster) as they seem pretty solid, but in all honesty I don't think there are any Premiership players outwith Celtic who would get into our team. However there are no top level or even 2nd tier English players we could afford so we will have to look abroad.

One player I would love to see back would be Steven Davis though. Imagine how good he would be in Warburton's team? I'm sure he would be up for a return, after skippering Northern Ireland to Euro glory, to finish his career here, as opposed to being a squad player at Southampton.

Was Davis not one of the TUPErs?

Was Davis not one of the TUPErs?

Graeme Shinnie

Adam Rooney

Liam Boyce

Jamie Walker

Sam Nicholson

Niall McGinn

Mark Reynolds

The above are all better in their position than anything rangers have.

Sorry MT quoted wrong person.

Archived