Potential Signings for Top Table

Rangers. Living outwith their means since, well, forever really.

except we arent, we have no external debt and most of the internal debt will be converted to shares once the numerous court cases are sorted, its the latest strip the titles,the stadium isnt yours,  rangers are going bust, new club baloney that you lot seem to love to cling to , so you can escape from reality

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

except we arent, we have no external debt and most of the internal debt will be converted to shares once the numerous court cases are sorted, its the latest strip the titles,the stadium isnt yours, rangers are going bust, new club baloney that you lot seem to love to cling to , so you can escape from reality

FFP rules don't see it that way though, do they?

except we arent, we have no external debt and most of the internal debt will be converted to shares once the numerous court cases are sorted, its the latest strip the titles,the stadium isnt yours, rangers are going bust, new club baloney that you lot seem to love to cling to , so you can escape from reality

The COMPANY do not have the ability to convert the debt to shares and cannot do so without shareholder approval.

except we arent, we have no external debt and most of the internal debt will be converted to shares once the numerous court cases are sorted, its the latest strip the titles,the stadium isnt yours,  rangers are going bust, new club baloney that you lot seem to love to cling to , so you can escape from reality

How exactly does this separation between club's and company's funding work this time?  Will the company be allowed to run up as much 'soft' debt as it wants, go bust and then leave the club unsullied?

The COMPANY do not have the ability to convert the debt to shares and cannot do so without shareholder approval.

How exactly does this separation between club's and company's funding work this time?  Will the company be allowed to run up as much 'soft' debt as it wants, go bust and then leave the club unsullied?

Wee Strictly and The Duck's Arse posting about Rangers again.  The pair of you have been missed this week.

Anything would not be better.

A return to the duopoly would be very much worse.

The arms race would move the pair well clear, ending the sharing round of cups we've been seeing.

Each of them would probably do better in Europe than at present, thus perpetuating the gulf further.

For the last few seasons, there's been an outside chance that a club I don't despise, might win the League. For the previous twenty, there'd been none.

The duopoly is better for a lazy press, for people with a regard for either OF side and for those from outside Scotland who take an occasional, fleeting interest but lack any stake in our game, emotional or otherwise.

I don't care what such people think.

The duopoly was rotten for our game and a flimsy grasp is required, in order to welcome its return.

The monopoly we have at the moment was never going to deliver what you want for Scottish football. The nature of cup competitions always gave clubs outside the O F a realistic chance of success even when Rangers and Celtic were flying.

Duopoly as you put is just another word for competition, in our case it may not be ideal but very necessary. Sport of any kind without it, just stagnates.

The monopoly we have at the moment was never going to deliver what you want for Scottish football. The nature of cup competitions always gave clubs outside the O F a realistic chance of success even when Rangers and Celtic were flying.

Duopoly as you put is just another word for competition, in our case it may not be ideal but very necessary. Sport of any kind without it, just stagnates.

You have an unrealistic notion of what the duopoly provided.

Advocaat and O'Neill both won leagues by twenty points at times.

The evidence of cups being more accessible for various clubs since only one goliath was in the way, is undeniable. Suggesting otherwise is idiocy.

A diminished Celtic was starting to provide something closer to the competition you claim to crave. We have in fact had a title race this season, as evidenced by Celtic's celebrations at Kilmarnock the other week. It's just that the favourite will probably win.

You've been duped into thinking that it's great to have a wildly imbalanced game.

King wants a world in which Rangers win 55% of titles, to Celtic's 45%. It's dispiriting when diddy fans share that vision.

the debt is owed to the holding company - rangers international. see the accounts or google it for the simple explanation of this

if we beat hibs in the cup final we will be playing in european competition next year - simple as that, we are eligble

The break even rules are quite complex and there are a few criteria to be met. For example, does Rangers net revenue outweigh it's total debt? I have read about the club (RFC ltd) owing the company RIFC) millions and then there are the soft loans. That's just one that I think Rangers may struggle with.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

You should have a read. The last link at the bottom. Club licencing.

The break even rules are quite complex and there are a few criteria to be met. For example, does Rangers net revenue outweigh it's total debt? I have read about the club (RFC ltd) owing the company RIFC) millions and then there are the soft loans. That's just one that I think Rangers may struggle with.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

You should have a read. The last link at the bottom. Club licencing.

ive read it, we are still eligble, you speculating otherwise when its clear we are elgible is pretty pointless

ive read it, we are still eligble, you speculating otherwise when its clear we are elgible is pretty pointless

Okay. You are correct, I am speculating. Obviously you believe that there is nothing to worry about but from what I have seen it could be close.

Okay. You are correct, I am speculating. Obviously you believe that there is nothing to worry about but from what I have seen it could be close.

its the latest bullshite concocted by phil mcthree names and his ilk, so far he has had a zero percent success rate based on his theories this one wont be any different, warburtons interview on sunday made it pretty clear that if we beat hibs in the final we will be back in europe, the overall debt allowed in the doument is nowhere near our current internal debt and there are so many debt write offs within it (for facilities, youth etc) that we will be nowhere near the limit

You have an unrealistic notion of what the duopoly provided.

Advocaat and O'Neill both won leagues by twenty points at times.

The evidence of cups being more accessible for various clubs since only one goliath was in the way, is undeniable. Suggesting otherwise is idiocy.

A diminished Celtic was starting to provide something closer to the competition you claim to crave. We have in fact had a title race this season, as evidenced by Celtic's celebrations at Kilmarnock the other week. It's just that the favourite will probably win.

You've been duped into thinking that it's great to have a wildly imbalanced game.

King wants a world in which Rangers win 55% of titles, to Celtic's 45%. It's dispiriting when diddy fans share that vision.

So what you're advocating to achieve proper competition in our top league is for Rangers to some how disappear and for Celtic to regress backwards and play inferior football, a standard which would be much closer to what other clubs are capable of. Sorry not for me, I don't want to dilute standards in Scotland any further, it's already pretty low as it is.

Yes sometimes Rangers and Celtic won the league by considerable margins but I can also remember many helicopter Sundays where no one knew who had won the league until the final whistle. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the fact that it was Celtic and Rangers that made it exciting, it would have been the same if it had been Hearts and Aberdeen.

Of course King wants Rangers to win 55% of the titles what did you honestly expect him to say? I'm surprised the percentage was so low.

Don't be dispirited you're entitled to your vision and if there was some other way to achieve a more level playing field I would probably agree with you just not this one.

So what you're advocating to achieve proper competition in our top league is for Rangers to some how disappear and for Celtic to regress backwards and play inferior football, a standard which would be much closer to what other clubs are capable of. Sorry not for me, I don't want to dilute standards in Scotland any further, it's already pretty low as it is. Yes sometimes Rangers and Celtic won the league by considerable margins but I can also remember many helicopter Sundays where no one knew who had won the league until the final whistle. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the fact that it was Celtic and Rangers that made it exciting, it would have been the same if it had been Hearts and Aberdeen. Of course King wants Rangers to win 55% of the titles what did you honestly expect him to say? I'm surprised the percentage was so low. Don't be dispirited you're entitled to your vision and if there was some other way to achieve a more level playing field I would probably agree with you just not this one.

A Lanarkshire bloke saying 'let's make things better' rather than, 'let's enjoy mediocrity' shocker.

You're too sensible for the thread, china ;)

the debt is owed to the holding company - rangers international. see the accounts or google it for the simple explanation of this

So,  if/when the debt becomes unsustainable, they'll put the holding company into admin/liquidation and sell the club onto a new holding company?

I'm not sure that will be legally acceptable - the club will be treated as an asset - but, morally, do you think that would be a reasonable thing to do?

So what you're advocating to achieve proper competition in our top league is for Rangers to some how disappear and for Celtic to regress backwards and play inferior football, a standard which would be much closer to what other clubs are capable of.[\quote]

I don't think he's saying that. But so far it's the only thing that's happened in the last 30 years (bar a Romanov backed Hearts coinciding with Paul Le Guen's disastrous spell at Rangers) that has remotely resembled a levelling of the playingfield and a chance of genuine competition. Other methods are of course welcome - it's just that this is the only one we have experienced.

Sorry not for me, I don't want to dilute standards in Scotland any further, it's already pretty low as it is.Yes sometimes Rangers and Celtic won the league by considerable margins but I can also remember many helicopter Sundays where no one knew who had won the league until the final whistle. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the fact that it was Celtic and Rangers that made it exciting, it would have been the same if it had been Hearts and Aberdeen.[\quote]

But the point is it was Celtic and Rangers. It's always Celtic and Rangers. That's exciting to their fans but the majority of the rest of us don't care. At least if it were Aberdeen or Hearts (or anyone else for that matter) a significant number of neutrals would get behind the non-Glasgow team. Now that would be exciting.

Archived