Yeah but but you let your club die...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Above is the common retort to any Rangers fan that dares enjoy anything positive about The Gers these days.

I'm now going to tell all those who keep on repeating that why it's having a diminishing effect and more importantly, why it was wrong course to go down if you really wanted to hurt us. You really could have been a lot cleverer if you thought about it.

The "Rangers Died" remark is a standard retort to any Gers poster on here displaying any ounce of enjoyment in what has been, a good season, so far.

I'm going to be honest as a Gers fan. It did sting 3 seasons ago....it was raw. It diminished slightly two seasons ago as we got used to it...and by last season, it didn't have much of an effect at all...particularly as we were playing shite, getting shite results and well, the results/performances were hard enough to take. Those results gave more than enough fuel to mock us, the "Rangers are deid" fell away as more obvious mockings were evident in our shite performances.

Onto this season and as Warburton has turned us into a proper football team whos results are really quite decent, we've had the Dead, Zombie, New Club thing increasingly again, quite simply as there wasn't much more to throw at us...we've generally been playing great stuff, pleasing on the eye and remaining top of the league.

Now I'm aware, the 'deid' stuff is what is resorted to at times like these and pretty much all a lot have got. As the SFA themselves have recently said (when interviewed by the Scottish monitor) you as fans can have your own opinion, we have ours i.e same Club. The SFA of course see us as the same club, as do UEFA.  If you think we died and that's all you can throw at times...knock yourselves out...if you truly believe it...on you go...if you just do it as a windup...on you go. Realise this though...it's not really affecting Gers fans anymore...as long as the authorities think we're the same club (and they do) it's just name-calling. So on you go.

If you really wanted to hurt us - here's what you should have done. When we went down to the third tier, you should have treated us like the no-mark, new club you claim us be. You shouldn't have made countless topics on Scottish football forums, you should have said next to nothing. You see, that would have hurt. Far from having every Scottish football forum, including this one, in the land talking about us....you should have said nothing.

That would have hurt.

But you didn't and still don't.

I guess you don't see every "Rangers died" comment makes us know we're actually very much alive, in your mind as in others and most importantly, in our own. The facts you have huge swathes of your forums dedicated to us makes us know we're alive and still.....very much in your thoughts.

To genuinely hurt us guys, you should have ignored "this new club". The fact you can't help but talk about us has been key in our return so I thank you for that. Sincerely actually.

Ironically, the countless jibes against us have made us....us again - "No-one likes us, we don't care" & "It's all about The Rangers" (The capital T on the is seen as a compliment by the way).

So thanks for that and thanks for every "Your team died" comment for it lets us know we're still the same Rangers you always loved to hate.

Onwards and upwards.

Rangers died.

Above is the common retort to any Rangers fan that dares enjoy anything positive about The Gers these days.

I'm now going to tell all those who keep on repeating that why it's having a diminishing effect and more importantly, why it was wrong course to go down if you really wanted to hurt us. You really could have been a lot cleverer if you thought about it.

The "Rangers Died" remark is a standard retort to any Gers poster on here displaying any ounce of enjoyment in what has been, a good season, so far.

I'm going to be honest as a Gers fan. It did sting 3 seasons ago....it was raw. It diminished slightly two seasons ago as we got used to it...and by last season, it didn't have much of an effect at all...particularly as we were playing shite, getting shite results and well, the results/performances were hard enough to take. Those results gave more than enough fuel to mock us, the "Rangers are deid" fell away as more obvious mockings were evident in our shite performances.

Onto this season and as Warburton has turned us into a proper football team whos results are really quite decent, we've had the Dead, Zombie, New Club thing increasingly again, quite simply as there wasn't much more to throw at us...we've generally been playing great stuff, pleasing on the eye and remaining top of the league.

Now I'm aware, the 'deid' stuff is what is resorted to at times like these and pretty much all a lot have got. As the SFA themselves have recently said (when interviewed by the Scottish monitor) you as fans can have your own opinion, we have ours i.e same Club. The SFA of course see us as the same club, as do UEFA.  If you think we died and that's all you can throw at times...knock yourselves out...if you truly believe it...on you go...if you just do it as a windup...on you go. Realise this though...it's not really affecting Gers fans anymore...as long as the authorities think we're the same club (and they do) it's just name-calling. So on you go.

If you really wanted to hurt us - here's what you should have done. When we went down to the third tier, you should have treated us like the no-mark, new club you claim us be. You shouldn't have made countless topics on Scottish football forums, you should have said next to nothing. You see, that would have hurt. Far from having every Scottish football forum, including this one, in the land talking about us....you should have said nothing.

That would have hurt.

But you didn't and still don't.

I guess you don't see every "Rangers died" comment makes us know we're actually very much alive, in your mind as in others and most importantly, in our own. The facts you have huge swathes of your forums dedicated to us makes us know we're alive and still.....very much in your thoughts.

To genuinely hurt us guys, you should have ignored "this new club". The fact you can't help but talk about us has been key in our return so I thank you for that. Sincerely actually.

Ironically, the countless jibes against us have made us....us again - "No-one likes us, we don't care" & "It's all about The Rangers" (The capital T on the is seen as a compliment by the way).

So thanks for that and thanks for every "Your team died" comment for it lets us know we're still the same Rangers you always loved to hate.

Onwards and upwards.

Rangers FC:

Founded in 1872

Incorporated in 1899

Liquidated in 2012

THE END

• 2 weeks later...

Archived