Yeah but but you let your club die...

Rangers haven't paid their so-called debts to one party as it is subject to a court action.

I corrected those that said Rangers hadn't paid their football debts. They have. True.

I corrected those who said the smaller debts hadn't been paid as Rangers fans clubs paid them. True.

I also said several other clubs had not paid smaller debtors in full unlike Rangers. Also true.

Your point?

Define smaller debts. Rangers still owe substantial sums of money to others outwith HMRC.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers haven't paid their so-called debts to one party as it is subject to a court action.

I corrected those that said Rangers hadn't paid their football debts. They have. True.

I corrected those who said the smaller debts hadn't been paid as Rangers fans clubs paid them. True.

I also said several other clubs had not paid smaller debtors in full unlike Rangers. Also true.

Your point?

I notice you're not claimng that the football debts were paid in full - I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

Were they ?

Only one club in admin/provisional liquidation has paid their debts in full as far as I know. They play in blue, but it's not your filthy outfit.

More fool us ... and all the other dafties selling stadiums and cutting costs to make ends meet.

Just go tits-up then start anew debt free and pretend nothing happened.

Is that honestly true? I did not know that. I seem to recall something about a payment to Dunfermline, but I'd no idea that all those smallish bills had been settled.

If so, it should be a better known fact.

Why don't you all just fire that back at Ned when he posts that massive list of unpaid bills?

Is that honestly true? I did not know that. I seem to recall something about a payment to Dunfermline, but I'd know idea that all those of smallish bills had been settled.

If so, it should be a better known fact.

Why don't you all just fire that back at Ned when he posts that massive list of unpaid bills?

I've asked which creditors had been paid quite a few times - the football debt and some bloke who was owed about £300 is about the long and short of the responses.

I have no doubt your, ahem, investigations, are the result of a genuine and deeply-felt sympathy for the individual creditors, rather than point-scoring on a football forum.

'Investigations' ?

Bennet stated that some creditors had been paid and I asked which ones.

Rangers going tits-up has been utterly hilarious and whilst I've enjoyed a right good belly laugh at their expense I do like to get my facts right.

So, anyhoo, which creditors have been paid?

'Investigations' ?

Rangers going tits-up has been utterly hilarious and whilst I've enjoyed a right good belly laugh at their expense I do like to get my facts right.

Other football clubs have been paid for old player transfers and what not.

I don't remember about other creditors specifically, but if you are interested, google Rangers IPO prospectus, it has a list of which obligations new company took from the old company.

Hearts, Dundee, Livingston et al agreed settlements with their creditors. There is a huge difference between that and being forced to sell all of your assets before being wound up.

There's a difference of course, but both scenarios are rotten from moral point of view.

There's a difference of course, but both scenarios are rotten from moral point of view.

That also is true and the reason FFP was introduced and came into effect in 2011. Satisfied debts only incur a short exclusion from competition however, not an expulsion from your FA.

Please don't sit there as a celtic fan and try and lecture anyone about morals

Thank you

Do you need to be so bloody stupid at all times?

He wasn't lecturing anyone. He was making an observation about the financial behaviour of certain clubs.

'Investigations' ?

Don't think I did anything or the sort onthis thread Neddly.

Archived