Yeah but but you let your club die...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must be nice to not pay your debts, get liquidated, and then carry on like nothing has happened.

You forgot the cheating they did first (before they died). In all honesty I'd rather support a dead team than cheats. Odd that rangers fans are so desperate to still be the club that cheated.

The one thing that's never been confirmed for me in this whole hilarious saga, is did all the creditors get their money?

Rangers fans tell us its the same club, the company was liquidated. So the company owed the debt.

So was the debt all written off?

How if not, and like Rangers, the SFA, Uefa all tell us, it's the same club, but a different company, does the debt not transfer across too? How can the stadium, name, honours, kits, badge and all the rest move across, but none of the bad stuff?

I haven't followed the saga at all apart from on P&B, and after wading through the swathes or hilarity and tears, I've never been able to find the answer.

The one thing that's never been confirmed for me in this whole hilarious saga, is did all the creditors get their money?

No they didn't. I know of one who went back to provide services to the new company, and after 12 months was owed money again.

Serves him right.

Go hound hearts and Dundee (among others) for not paying creditors.

Have a nice day :)

You really telt him bennet.

Incidentally I hadn't heard rangers creditors had agreed to losing their money - but they must have or you wouldn't be comparing the situations would you?

Go hound hearts and Dundee (among others) for not paying creditors.

Have a nice day :)

Hearts, Dundee, Livingston et al agreed settlements with their creditors. There is a huge difference between that and being forced to sell all of your assets before being wound up.

Hearts, Dundee, Livingston et al agreed settlements with their creditors. There is a huge difference between that and being forced to sell all of your assets before being wound up.

They agreed settlements with every single creditor?

Anyway it makes little difference, creditors lost ouy in most cases.

No they didn't. I know of one who went back to provide services to the new company, and after 12 months was owed money again.

Serves him right.

Good old Nory...

For me, the main reason Rangers fans let their club die is because they were too arrogant to have thought they would actually cease to exist, and never felt the need to save it. They always knew that no matter what happened they were too big a club, and too precious to the national game to be held accountable for their sins.

In part they were right mind you, as almost the whole of Scottish football pandered to get them back in the Professional League (as a new entity of course) asap! A few years on the naughty step was a happy medium for most. Their zombie version of themselves would be back of course, with the wealth of income they have compared to their new opponents, they could hardly fail.

There was an arrogance that they'd always exist, and that arrogance still permeates their support to this day. Refusal to face up to their faults, and learn from their mistakes.

Only a matter of time before history repeats itself in that case.

Rangers fans tell us its the same club, the company was liquidated.  So the company owed the debt. 

So was the debt all written off?

How if not, and like Rangers, the SFA, Uefa all tell us, it's the same club, but a different company, does the debt not transfer across too?  How can the stadium, name, honours, kits, badge and all the rest move across, but none of the bad stuff?

I haven't followed the saga at all apart from on P&B, and after wading through the swathes or hilarity and tears, I've never been able to find the answer.

Rangers paid all football debts as required. Hence why no other club is bleating. Nothing is outstanding.

The smaller creditors were paid off by a Rangers fans fighting fund on behalf of Rangers. Hence why no stories there. Nothing is outstanding.

HMRC are a disputed debtor....hence the court cases.

They agreed settlements with every single creditor?

Anyway it makes little difference, creditors lost ouy in most cases.

Ironically, whilst Rangers paid their small debts in full....Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts...gave them pennies in the pound.

Only one club in admin/provisional liquidation has paid their debts in full as far as I know. They play in blue, but it's not your filthy outfit.

Rangers haven't paid their so-called debts to one party as it is subject to a court action.

I corrected those that said Rangers hadn't paid their football debts. They have. True.

I corrected those who said the smaller debts hadn't been paid as Rangers fans clubs paid them. True.

I also said several other clubs had not paid smaller debtors in full unlike Rangers. Also true.

Your point?

Archived