Cowdenbeath v airdrieonians

This is ludicrous - why not give credit where it's due - amateur strikers aren't scoring hat tricks in the Championship no way. Apart from scoring a hat trick he did nothing of note in that game - I wish we could say that about a Cowden player every week - what a daft thing to say.

As regards failing or winning, it's a team effort at Central Park that was made clear in 2010 when the goalposts moved - since then manager, players, board and fans achieve or fail together -that is the essence of a team.

I remember at the time people were wetting their pants at Nish scoring a hatrick. The latter two goals were purely laid on a plate for him by good work from other players.

He has had better games and scored none IMO. Obviously I'd love to say that every week about a player as the formula of scoring goals tends to win matches but the reality is, he didn't do anything else in a game where the Raith defence could not be arsed turning up.

No arguments with your other points.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember at the time people were wetting their pants at Nish scoring a hatrick. The latter two goals were purely laid on a plate for him by good work from other players.

He has had better games and scored none IMO. Obviously I'd love to say that every week about a player as the formula of scoring goals tends to win matches but the reality is, he didn't do anything else in a game where the Raith defence could not be arsed turning up.

I'd take a centre-forward that does nothing in a game except score 3 tap ins. He can sit on his arse in the centre circle for 85 minutes for all i care if he's going to score 3 a game.

Nish could have scored more than three in that game.

Christ only Cowden fans could complain about the quality of a hat trick. We've had plenty of worse strikers than Nish. Plus scoring a hat trick in a game has nothing to do with his managerial ability so why it's discussed here is baffling.

The latter two goals were purely laid on a plate for him by good work from other players.

That's called teamwork creating chances for your centre forward to score.

The Ross County boy had his winning goal laid on a plate for him by the Hibs defender yesterday to win the League Cup but I bet no one in Dingwall was complaining about him scoring a goal that an amateur player could score. Sometimes its all about being in the right place at the right time.

Do you pronounce your name Rye or Ree?

It is a difficult question as most Scottish people cannot pronounce correctly.  I do not know why but Nishy can pronounce my name correctly whenever I greet him.  I think it is a good thing for a manager to pronounce foreign names correctly for players from other country. :thumsup2

It is a difficult question as most Scottish people cannot pronounce correctly.  I do not know why but Nishy can pronounce my name correctly whenever I greet him.  I think it is a good thing for a manager to pronounce foreign names correctly for players from other country. :thumsup2

How do you pronounce it?

Is there anything Nishy can't do?

Manage a football team.

No one can manage a football club in Scotland and the same as Japan.  A manager of Japanese national team (ladies) left the job.  People thought he is a very good manager...

Archived