Cowdenbeath v airdrieonians

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd be in the same place. That's unless you were playing us every week.

TBF I can see where the boys coming from as Lister is always likely to score goals at this level. On his question like you I would say where they are going for the last play off spot.

The finish for Thompson's goal was fantastic, but I hadn't really appreciated at the time how good the build-up play for it was. Five good passes to feet, kept on the ground and to men moving into space.

Yes Ayr were were delighted how well they played against us last Tuesday. Then they got beat from Brechin on Saturday. You just might be getting better but I would wait until you play another team before you start purring.

Christ on a bike the last 2 Airdrie goals are bloody shocking from our perspective.  Both goals so easy to avoid if people would just put their foot through the ball when under pressure.  Basic stuff.

If we could cut out the stupid mistakes we might actually pick up a point from the odd match.

Christ on a bike the last 2 Airdrie goals are bloody shocking from our perspective.  Both goals so easy to avoid if people would just put their foot through the ball when under pressure.  Basic stuff.

If we could cut out the stupid mistakes we might actually pick up a point from the odd match.

Even worse if you had been there. Worst defending I've ever seen. Thank goodness we weren't playing Dunfermline.

Don't think we played as well as some are suggesting on here. We could quite easily have dropped points here had Cowdenbeath (in particular Caldwell) put away some of their chances.

Lister however was superb and have the Cowden back line a torrid time a really should have scored his hattrick.

Big Jimmy is just a legend wish we had him years ago.

It was only when he went to Dumbarton that he turned into a goal machine, before that he didn't do much at Brechin, Alloa and Berwick. He spent a good many years at lowly Tulliallan in the Fife juniors before he even got to a decent level there. Got better as he got older.

Don't think we played as well as some are suggesting on here. We could quite easily have dropped points here had Cowdenbeath (in particular Caldwell) put away some of their chances.

Lister however was superb and have the Cowden back line a torrid time a really should have scored his hattrick.

I felt we were the better team yes beath missed a few sitters not going to lie was at the match could said could have ended up 5-3 if both team took their chances. I was really pleased about the first goal as something out of nothing it's good to know we have a player in our team with capability score from 20-30 yards.

Correct - you have though Airdrie fans with a pleasing win buoyed by enthusiasm and some Cowden fans taking the defeat not on its own merits but as fuel for other flames.

Correct - you have though Airdrie fans with a pleasing win buoyed by enthusiasm and some Cowden fans taking the defeat not on its own merits but as fuel for other flames.

Indeed. There is an abundance of other flames. I'm not convinced they are going to be extinguished any time soon.

It is clear a certain flame needs extinguished and soon otherwise we are heading for another relegation. The league table and goal deficit does not lie.

I hope we are proved wrong on Saturday with a play for the shirt performance and passion from the dugout.

Still plenty games but it is time to panic if we don't get a win this Saturday

I see Macdougall has been making a few appearances Would be a dream come true if he bought out the stock cars with Donald remaining as the chairman.

Our club will never move forward whilst we have this noose around our neck with the ground ownership situation.

I will not be 1 of the fans shouting for Nish to go. my reasons are simple.

-he is our manager and i want us to do as well as possible, and negativity isnt going to help this

-there are plenty others doing it already so last thing he needs is more

-i am sure he is trying his best and it is a very difficult job as our circumstances hinder it

-its his first job and fans are too impatient in general, he may turn out to be a good manager

HOWEVER

you cant deny it is looking very ominous for us just now

almost all supporters think we are going to go down

you cant blame fans for voicing there concerns

the airdrie game on its own was a mini disaster but its not far from the norm of this season so its just another reason to fuel the flames

if i was in overall charge of the club i genuinely wouldnt know what to do, a new manager doesnt guarantee an upturn in results.

I will not be 1 of the fans shouting for Nish to go. my reasons are simple.

-he is our manager and i want us to do as well as possible, and negativity isnt going to help this

-there are plenty others doing it already so last thing he needs is more

-i am sure he is trying his best and it is a very difficult job as our circumstances hinder it

-its his first job and fans are too impatient in general, he may turn out to be a good manager

HOWEVER

you cant deny it is looking very ominous for us just now

almost all supporters think we are going to go down

you cant blame fans for voicing there concerns

the airdrie game on its own was a mini disaster but its not far from the norm of this season so its just another reason to fuel the flames

if i was in overall charge of the club i genuinely wouldnt know what to do, a new manager doesnt guarantee an upturn in results.

Fair comments Al.

It is quite an unfortunate position that we find ourselves in and it can't be easy for the board just now.

It's unhelpful for fans to openly criticise Nish at games but our fans can only take so much and can't blame them.

I really hope Nish can turn around it around for his own managerial ambitions and more importantly for the sake of Cowdenbeath Fc.

The players have to also get their act together as they are clearly not playing for Nish or the club apart from the usual suspects I.e Deano.

Fair comments Al.

It is quite an unfortunate position that we find ourselves in and it can't be easy for the board just now.

It's unhelpful for fans to openly criticise Nish at games but our fans can only take so much and can't blame them.

I really hope Nish can turn around it around for his own managerial ambitions and more importantly for the sake of Cowdenbeath Fc.

The players have to also get their act together as they are clearly not playing for Nish or the club apart from the usual suspects I.e Deano.

I don't believe the players aren't trying. Several aren't good enough and if Kerr is out for a while I just don't see where any points are coming from.

It's hard to believe that losing Murdoch and Smith could have made such a difference.

Archived