Mark Warburton

And this, kiddies, is how to back peddle like f**k.

Why would me saying that they were originally called Dundee Hibs - a fact I've been aware of since the age of ten - amount to back peddling?

You're just being stupid now.

What the Hell happened to you, seriously?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How was it 'evidently' being used as a religious slur?

Dundee united have hibsed it up this season thus it is quite a clever pun and is being used by quite a few posters on this forum in such a way.

I don't believe it was being used in that way.

Why would me saying that they were originally called Dundee Hibs - a fact I've been aware of since the age of ten - amount to back peddling?

Please stop trying to bring religion into it, not one Rangers fan has mentioned it.

The one who referred to Dundee United as Dundee Hibs did just that.

OK so I know you flounce like f**k but, really?  Do I actually have to join the dots for you?

When do Rangers fans not bring a religious angle into everything?.

You can just easily sniff out a bigot for saying Dundee Hibs when it comes to gloating on their current misfortune adding Hibs into it just throws fat on the fire.

Just because of the team we support?

I'm starting to understand where Captain Sensible was coming from before he departed this forum. Supporting Rangers means you support in institution that encourages bigotry within our society regardless whether you sing the songs or not or believe or not believe in the pish this club represents in their hatred of all things Catholic. Supporting the club merely for football reasons is a lame excuse, you always make a choice to support that team. If you want to support this club then you need to attempt to change it away from the old ways. I'll back anyone who tries.

Unfortunately in this country bigotry is the cash cow and the SFA and the media firmly believe that regardless of any morals or any integrity left in the sport of football that Rangers v Celtic is what Scottish football is all about, nothing else is relevant.

Its soul destroying if you let it get to you.

OK so I know you flounce like f**k but, really?  Do I actually have to join the dots for you?

I've literally no idea what listing those three quotes in a random sequence is meant to achieve.

You will indeed need to join the dots for me, or not bother.

I am not bob, I merely suggested how it could be used in such a way, the fact we are Rangers fans does not preclude us from using the term.  Fair enough if it used as an obvious religious slur then that would indeed be out of order but nothing I have seen here suggests that it has.

This has simply been a case of you and Dave desperate to get the religious stick out and in such exposing your own narrow minded prejudices.

Each of us has reached a view on how the term was used.

Either of us might be wrong. I think however, that it's you.

All you can say is the same.

I'm starting to understand where Captain Sensible was coming from before he departed this forum. Supporting Rangers means you support in institution that encourages bigotry within our society regardless whether you sing the songs or not or believe or not believe in the pish this club represents in their hatred of all things Catholic. Supporting the club merely for football reasons is a lame excuse, you always make a choice to support that team. If you want to support this club then you need to attempt to change it away from the old ways. I'll back anyone who tries.

Unfortunately in this country bigotry is the cash cow and the SFA and the media firmly believe that regardless of any morals or any integrity left in the sport of football that Rangers v Celtic is what Scottish football is all about, nothing else is relevant.

Its soul destroying if you let it get to you.

A function of Pie and Bovril, for the decade+ that I've been a member, has to give an outlet to the diddy ignorant.  It has always been a place where the supporters of Wee Teams can vent their spleens.

I'm really happy that this tradition is continuing.  There's no need to examine each of CD's points - he wouldn't want it.  Let's just accept that he wants to be angry and stupid and has chosen us to be his target.  We Bears are broad-shouldered enough to shrug it off.

A function of Pie and Bovril, for the decade+ that I've been a member, has to give an outlet to the diddy ignorant.  It has always been a place where the supporters of Wee Teams can vent their spleens.

I'm really happy that this tradition is continuing.  There's no need to examine each of CD's points - he wouldn't want it.  Let's just accept that he wants to be angry and stupid and has chosen us to be his target.  We Bears are broad-shouldered enough to shrug it off.

Alternatively, if you've specific fault to pick with what he said, you could just do that, rather than dismiss it in a way so transparently weak.

Captain Sensible was a complete loonball.

I must say that is a rather bigoted point of view you hold.

To have no tolerance for bigots or the entities they hold or influence then on you go call me what ever you want. But if you want to change your club and its supporters to being more tolerant. If you chose to do nothing then I won't

I don't know about that I've seen some bear heads being removed over the last 4 years. Its a fair comment btw on the forum after 2012 Rangers fans are not going to be treated with any sympathy anyway. In some ways I'm glad that yourself and a few other bears have stuck it out on the forum to give a balance and a voice for Rangers fans, its a Scottish football forum and all clubs regardless of who they are and where they are in the four leagues should be represented.

its a Scottish football forum and all clubs regardless of who they are and where they are in the four leagues should be represented.

Patronising as f**k, chap.  Then again, self-awareness has never been a diddy strong suit.

In truth, P&B has always been the biggest Rangers forum on the internet after FF.  This was true before 2012 and has become more so since.

Patronising as f**k, chap.  Then again, self-awareness has never been a diddy strong suit.

In truth, P&B has always been the biggest Rangers forum on the internet after FF.  This was true before 2012 and has become more so since.

So what?

Of course there's loads of interest in Rangers. Of course it's good that there's fan representation on here. What's your point?

Patronising as f**k, chap. Then again, self-awareness has never been a diddy strong suit.

In truth, P&B has always been the biggest Rangers forum on the internet after FF. This was true before 2012 and has become more so since.

Boasting because folk queue up to laugh at your club since 2012, on P&B.

Each of us has reached a view on how the term was used.Either of us might be wrong. I think however, that it's you.All you can say is the same.

Religion never even crossed my mind while posting the Dundee Hibs comment. I just find it amusing that two of those who took such delight in our demise are now suffering and hopefully will continue to suffer for years to come. Unless , God forbid , they go bust.

The two clubs are Hibs and their Dundee Franchise.

It takes some jump to go from that to sectarianism

In truth, P&B has always been the biggest Rangers forum on the internet after FF.

The Old Firm were pretty much an irrelevance on here before 2012.

Whether that still qualified it to be the second biggest forum after FF I don't know but it's certainly misleading to hint that it was a 'big' Rangers forum.

The Old Firm were pretty much an irrelevance on here before 2012.

Whether that still qualified it to be the second biggest forum after FF I don't know but it's certainly misleading to hint that it was a 'big' Rangers forum.

Or maybe it was, since most of the Rangers fans don't understand how to communicate in basic English and the ones that do end up unable to replace their rage broken laptops or mobile phones after a few times on here. It is well known that those that do post on here regularly have coping issues from Post Summer 2012 Stress Disorder ''I have to drink a lot before I can post on P&B, ....WATP!!''.

:)

Archived