Clyde v Elgin City

Well fought victory, these are the sort of results you need to grind out to be challengers for the title.

Thought Elgin probably shaded it in terms of who was the better side, and probably will feel disgruntled at not getting a point. Their number 7 and 10 were clear stand-outs, but felt the latter was a bit too quick to go down at times.

Didn't really have a clear view of any potential contact that was there for the penalty, but given no Clyde players appealed against, I'm going to say it was justified. A sickener that they didn't get the advantage, but thems the breaks sometimes. Great save by Waters, would be happy if we were able to get him signed up on the basis of that performance alone.

JP McGovern was my MOTM, although Junior had a decent enough game on the left hand side.

Great feeling at the end among the players and fans, don't want to jinx it but really do feel that this could be our year.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elgin one o best passing teams ive saw in 3rd for long time. Our lads panicked and gave ball away wee bit too much at times.Q for Elgin Fans. No10 Easton on loan or your player and other winger who got subbed your player or not....

Easton is their player, St.Johnstone released him. McKenzie is probably their player also, he played with Shire for years. All pace and nothing else, a diving wee shite into the bargain.

Elgin one o best passing teams ive saw in 3rd for long time. Our lads panicked and gave ball away wee bit too much at times.Q for Elgin Fans. No10 Easton on loan or your player and other winger who got subbed your player or not....

Easton is signed to Elgin. No 7 will be Connor mclaren, on loan from StJonstone

Easton (10) and McKenzie (7) are both signed Elgin players. I personally think McKenzie is as over-rated a player as there has been at this level; I thought he did absolutely nothing constructive today and Elgin were much better when he went off. Easton on the other hand is excellent but I do think that Elgin are built around him; you can see why he's struggled to play higher up the system.

I thought we were worthy of the win today as we were the better side in the first hour but there's no doubt that Elgin should have taken a point late on. The referee, who had an excellent game in the main, was quite right to award the spot-kick for a daft foul by Smith but it was unfortunate that Easton went on to score. Need to see it again to see if any of the Clyde players stopped following the whistle. The second save that Waters pulled off from Ross was even better than his spot-kick save. No doubt we deserved a bit of luck given the previous game at Borough Briggs.

I thought we were too slow to change to a back four. Our midfield tired and Elgin pushed players forward knowing we probably wouldn't catch them on the break. Meant they had a man over far too often as Smith tucked in. Once we changed we defended well. I can't help but feel that Bolo would have settled us down a bit better than Marvin though.

Can't agree with those saying JP for MotM. He had a terrific second half (his anticipation is better than anything we've had in years) and he's probably my PotY but he didn't play at all well in the first period. Just like Higgins had a good first half but didn't kick the ball after the break before going off injured. Marsh, Millen and Waters get my votes for today. I criticised some of Marsh's defending on Tuesday night but he was much better today, particularly defending one-on-one. Did really well to stand up Easton after he'd gone past Smith/McLaughlin. Waters as a shot-stopper is excellent, his footwork in particular; hopefully he works hard on the flaws in his game (as you'd expect for a young 'keeper) as he'll go far. Millen is such a calm head in midfield, good talker and has a bit of a nasty streak. We had a great January window.

We've had good games this season against Elgin. Think a tally of 7 points to 4 is about fair over the four matches. Quite like Thomas Reilly in midfield alongside the normally excellent Cameron but as always despite his goals (and I'd love for us to have them) I can't help feeling that they should expect a bit more from Gunn. He was an absolute passenger today.

Pleased we got the win with BF away as he'd have been absolutely kicking himself if we'd dropped points. He's done a great job to get us in this position.

Easton (10) and McKenzie (7) are both signed Elgin players. I personally think McKenzie is as over-rated a player as there has been at this level; I thought he did absolutely nothing constructive today and Elgin were much better when he went off. Easton on the other hand is excellent but I do think that Elgin are built around him; you can see why he's struggled to play higher up the system.

I thought we were worthy of the win today as we were the better side in the first hour but there's no doubt that Elgin should have taken a point late on. The referee, who had an excellent game in the main, was quite right to award the spot-kick for a daft foul by Smith but it was unfortunate that Easton went on to score. Need to see it again to see if any of the Clyde players stopped following the whistle. The second save that Waters pulled off from Ross was even better than his spot-kick save. No doubt we deserved a bit of luck given the previous game at Borough Briggs.

I thought we were too slow to change to a back four. Our midfield tired and Elgin pushed players forward knowing we probably wouldn't catch them on the break. Meant they had a man over far too often as Smith tucked in. Once we changed we defended well. I can't help but feel that Bolo would have settled us down a bit better than Marvin though.

Can't agree with those saying JP for MotM. He had a terrific second half (his anticipation is better than anything we've had in years) and he's probably my PotY but he didn't play at all well in the first period. Just like Higgins had a good first half but didn't kick the ball after the break before going off injured. Marsh, Millen and Waters get my votes for today. I criticised some of Marsh's defending on Tuesday night but he was much better today, particularly defending one-on-one. Did really well to stand up Easton after he'd gone past Smith/McLaughlin. Waters as a shot-stopper is excellent, his footwork in particular; hopefully he works hard on the flaws in his game (as you'd expect for a young 'keeper) as he'll go far. Millen is such a calm head in midfield, good talker and has a bit of a nasty streak. We had a great January window.

We've had good games this season against Elgin. Think a tally of 7 points to 4 is about fair over the four matches. Quite like Thomas Reilly in midfield alongside the normally excellent Cameron but as always despite his goals (and I'd love for us to have them) I can't help feeling that they should expect a bit more from Gunn. He was an absolute passenger today.

Pleased we got the win with BF away as he'd have been absolutely kicking himself if we'd dropped points. He's done a great job to get us in this position.

what flaws do you think waters has ? haven't seen any so far absolute exellent goalkeeper

Kicking is the obvious one but I think he has to be a wee bit quicker off his line and he's not really been dominant at crosses. I would say that we defend deep and well against crosses but in a team that play a higher line it'd be interesting to see how he adapts. 

Kicking is the obvious one but I think he has to be a wee bit quicker off his line and he's not really been dominant at crosses. I would say that we defend deep and well against crosses but in a team that play a higher line it'd be interesting to see how he adapts.

don't see it myself all about opinions

I would be very disappointed if we didn't keep Waters until the seasons end. Regular first team games, performing brilliantly and from what we see from the stands, he loves it here. Sign him up. Terrific goalie.

If we had him from the start of the season, who knows how many extra points we could have.

Archived