STIRLING ALBION V EAST FIFE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe that a guy like Martin Corrigan who played as a central defender at a decent level can be involved in coaching central defenders as bad as I witnessed today How easy was it for the Fife strikers to get in behind them. According to bbc stats Stirling never recorded a shot on goal. So that makes it one shot on target in 180 minutes in our last 2 meetings. My only surprise was to see so many Stirling fans still inside the stadium at the end of the game, maybe they only stayed to vent their anger at a management team that have let them down. I would imagine Stirlings budget will be at the top end of budgets in the 2nd division but watching that today I cant think the Albion fans will be very concerned if none of the 11 I seen today puts pen to paper for next season. I had that down as a possible banana skin for us in the run in but it was a no contest after 15 minutes. As long as we keep doing the business ourselves we don't need to worry about any other games. Next week Queens Park who have played us of the park the last twice, so we know this will be a very hard examination of our title winning prospects.

Ah that was great stuff this afternoon from the lads. We had to weather a bit of pressure at the end of the first half but the game eventually opened up and we were absolutely ruthless in the last twenty minutes. 

A long way to go though. Six cup finals. Come on the mighty men from the People's Republic of Methil...

What a win today, 6-0 excellent performance from the lads and I hope it may continues. When was the last time we score six away from home? Cliftonhill back in 2005 when Sean paliazcka wore the colours...excellent stuff let's keep this up next up hard tough encounter with Qp test our title credits.

Massive boost to see Coote, Brown and Campbell on the scoresheet and chipping in with the goals as well great day it seemed all round.

Stirling were absolutely dire yesterday and the buck stops with McLaren.

Fair play to East Fife, if they don't win this league then there is something far wrong.

Nathan Austin seems to have become even more clinical with Full Time training, good luck to the guy.

I would like to take back my retraction about Dickson being brutal. That was his best game for East Fife yet. Dreadful. Stirling chucked it yesterday which was difficult to see. We were excellent for the first 20 and then Stirling were the better team until Fash came on and we went 1 up top. The extra man in midfield made all the difference and we were outstanding from then on.

I would like to take back my retraction about Dickson being brutal. That was his best game for East Fife yet. Dreadful

I honestly can't think of a game where I have walked away and thought "Dickson played well today". He's had a couple of games where he has done ok, but in general he's been very poor.

Other than run about a lot, it's a signing that just hasn't worked out IMHO, but McLaren obviously sees something I don't because he picks him without fail.

I honestly can't think of a game where I have walked away and thought "Dickson played well today". He's had a couple of games where he has done ok, but in general he's been very poor.

Other than run about a lot, it's a signing that just hasn't worked out IMHO, but McLaren obviously sees something I don't because he picks him without fail.

Agree re Dickson what McLaren sees in him I don't know, but still keeps his place in the team like PJ. It's no wonder the team is in a mess with a manager who can't see what's wrong. Hope the Board don't give him a new contract for next season.

Archived