Hearts Stadium Development

Looks ok but could’ve been so much nicer. Imagine that would’ve been pretty dear too.

Could’ve had a really nice stone/brick mixture to fit in with the surrounding area.

Could’ve looked class in my opinion, big let down. Not that it really matters like but still.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks ok but could’ve been so much nicer. Imagine that would’ve been pretty dear too.

Could’ve had a really nice stone/brick mixture to fit in with the surrounding area.

Could’ve looked class in my opinion, big let down. Not that it really matters like but still.

Don't know many building sites that look particularly aesthetic.

Maybe with a few extra million and a years construction window it could have featured in Grand Designs?

Most Hearts fans will be happy enough with the finished article.

IF they get the team playing it will be worth an extra 2+ million a year in spends for the club.

We're effectively doubling our commerical and hospitality capacity as well as being able to rent it out for non-footballing related functions, so it won't be far off.

Is there actual demand for double your current corporate capacity? Hibs one is full pretty much only in derbies and against the OF. We're selling loads of cheaper packages for it now to ST holders to open up their seats for sale.

I've always thought Edinburgh is a bit of a c**t for selling corporate seating because there's so much else that can be done in the city. Most of it is bought up by fans with a few quid or their own small business rather than big companies looking to entertain clients.

The 2m revenue figure sounds to me like that would be if it's at capacity. I'd also guess it would be revenue rather than profit, there are costs to be factored in there as well.

47 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Is there actual demand for double your current corporate capacity? Hibs one is full pretty much only in derbies and against the OF. We're selling loads of cheaper packages for it now to ST holders to open up their seats for sale.

I've always thought Edinburgh is a bit of a c**t for selling corporate seating because there's so much else that can be done in the city. Most of it is bought up by fans with a few quid or their own small business rather than big companies looking to entertain clients.

The 2m revenue figure sounds to me like that would be if it's at capacity. I'd also guess it would be revenue rather than profit, there are costs to be factored in there as well.

Honest answer is that I don't know and would come into it. From whenever I did it, there was never enough room to sit us all in the Gorgie stand for a start and they would punt a fair few over to the Roseburn end, so there was definitely a surplus for demand. I don't think we'll really see how many people will go for it until it's fully operational in January.

Having a quick look on the dot count for the Thistle match, the usual Gorgie seating area looks sold out, and more than half the Premium's in the main stand. Obviously, though even if that sells out will go down to novelty rather than regular.

All of it is kept in-house so we have that going for us, but I'd agree. Adding another clutch to my straws, I'd say the upkeep for the old main stand will be a big contributor towards it. Definitely a bit of a reliance on the FOH payments to get it paid for without any debt at the end of it.

Agreed that Edinburgh is a c**t for selling corporate, but there's definitely a market with the financial sector here to be exploited if done right IMO, which from what I'm told Budge is aggressively pursuing .

32 minutes ago, boyinabubble said:

It's maybe been answered... but are they putting new seats into the Roseburn Stand?

Surely they aren't building a new stand and leaving this mess? 

5a0ae5426864c_ScreenShot2017-11-14at12_43_47.thumb.png.4d1b1b3b4a03a6c3b06b213f75124336.png

By the fact that Tynecastle is usually pretty full, I must admit I didn't realise that the seats looked like that - but it hardly matters.... I'd hate it if anyone started looking at Fir Park with the level of detail of this thread :) The only new bits are the seats that replaced the ones that the best fans in the world ripped out...

Isn’t it something to do with the way the sunlight reaches the ground? I can’t ever remember the gorgie stand being in sunlight but I recall very regularly being almost fucking blinded by a 12.30ko sunlight.

Possibly something in that as the Roseburn seats face to the South.

I just assumed seats had been replaced with some of a different hue following over exuberance of away fans over time.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

The New Stand thread on KB is an absolute car crash of a read over the last few days.

Absolutely crawling with roasters. Well worth a look :lol:

It's crazy the commotion a non story in a newspaper can create among the pant wetters.

The game may or may not go ahead depending on whether a safety certificate is granted or not, no shit. :lol:

It's crazy the commotion a non story in a newspaper can create among the pant wetters.
The game may or may not go ahead depending on whether a safety certificate is granted or not, no shit. :lol:

Football supporters aren't well known for their keen sense of perspective, football supporters on Internet forums less so and kickback these days even less.

This new stand may not last the entire century that it's predecessor did but it's going to be there for decades. It'll probably outlast me

A few weeks delay is bugger all in the grand scheme of things.

Archived