New manager

magoo

The best thing about pie and bovril over the last 6+years is the constant debate about whitehill(both good and bad) when the truth is countless members think they know this that or the other.whwn the real truth us very few actually know what happens or what whitehill is all about.....

How's those camel designs coming on? ;)

Grimbo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never thought it was a great fit from day one

Noones worked there. It's a different manager every season for the last ten years or so. Genuinely feel that vale are a club that's stretched itself too far in trying to get to lowland. Bit like threave and perhaps preston. On field progress been practically non existent in all three since the start of the lowland.

Noones worked there. It's a different manager every season for the last ten years or so. Genuinely feel that vale are a club that's stretched itself too far in trying to get to lowland. Bit like threave and perhaps preston. On field progress been practically non existent in all three since the start of the lowland.

without starting another full blown debate the last 5 years has changed massively in terms off finance....These clubs will have the odd season off success but in general will always struggle...IMO there are two types off clubs in the lowland league,those who fancy having a go at the pyramid and those who know there limitations...nothing wrong with either,

without starting another full blown debate the last 5 years has changed massively in terms off finance....These clubs will have the odd season off success but in general will always struggle...IMO there are two types off clubs in the lowland league,those who fancy having a go at the pyramid and those who know there limitations...nothing wrong with either,

There's nothing wrong at all. But these three sides cannot really be seen as meriting a place in the fifth tier of the scottish game when they've been so abject on the field.

There's nothing wrong at all. But these three sides cannot really be seen as meriting a place in the fifth tier of the scottish game when they've been so abject on the field.

you can't blame the club's for poor performance . someone has to finish bottom every year....u can blame the state off Scottish football... IMO there should be 2 pro leagues in Scotland and then a regional set up below that

..With all due respect to Berwick Montrose arbroath Clyde etc etc they bring very little to the Scottish game season after season...If a town the size off Coatbridge can't in the general support its football team I see very little in the lowland league that can go up and be a real success story...

you can't blame the club's for poor performance . someone has to finish bottom every year....u can blame the state off Scottish football... IMO there should be 2 pro leagues

But there's a league below. And those teams actively tried to get into the lowland despite them being no real shakes at eos level (threave for a short period granted).

It's the clubs fault they're at the bottom of the league. It's the sfas fault they don't play in the league below- yet.

Vale finished top 1/2 in 2013-14, and top 3/5 last season. "Abject" seems rather harsh.

Preston have posted lowlier, but did reach inaugural LL Cup final.

Top half in a 12 team league when they hadn't spent anything on the ground or the training facilities and gave all the cash to the players, racking up big debts.

The point in the pyramid is for teams to play at the appropriate level. I'm arguing that lowland isn't the appropriate level for these three clubs. What about the near future- next two or three years- would suggest that the picture for them is gonna change?

Top half in a 12 team league when they hadn't spent anything on the ground or the training facilities and gave all the cash to the players, racking up big debts.

The point in the pyramid is for teams to play at the appropriate level. I'm arguing that lowland isn't the appropriate level for these three clubs. What about the near future- next two or three years- would suggest that the picture for them is gonna change?

Are Selkirk any different? If not that's 4 teams your criticising. Over a quarter of the league. Show me a league anywhere in football where all teams have a realistic chance of challenging. There isn't one

After a few years of relegation/promotion teams will find there appropriate level

Are Selkirk any different? If not that's 4 teams your criticising. Over a quarter of the league. Show me a league anywhere in football where all teams have a realistic chance of challenging. There isn't one

After a few years of relegation/promotion teams will find there appropriate level

There's my point. There's not any relegation at the moment and probably not gonna need to be any this year either.

There's been no progress in terms of what's happened ON the pitch, which should be the number one indicator of what level a team needs to compete. With no relegation these teams haven't had any real reason to put plans in place to improve the quality of their teams- whether it's through developing youth, signing quality players or making those that are there better.

ame="topsider" post="10307137" timestamp="1459102962"]

There's my point. There's not any relegation at the moment and probably not gonna need to be any this year either.

There's been no progress in terms of what's happened ON the pitch, which should be the number one indicator of what level a team needs to compete. With no relegation these teams haven't had any real reason to put plans in place to improve the quality of their teams- whether it's through developing youth, signing quality players or making those that are there better.

Your at it again, talking dribble!

We'll see. Let's deal with what happens if threave get relegated.

doesnt seem that it's going to matter, cause you'll still be saying the same next season with the bottom two or three teams!! And the year after!! And the year after that! There will always be teams at the bottom of leagues!

doesnt seem that it's going to matter, cause you'll still be saying the same next season with the bottom two or three teams!! And the year after!! And the year after that! There will always be teams at the bottom of leagues!

there will be. But with promotion and relegation it'll be different teams, and each team will get to find its level.

In the case of vale I believe they've torn holes in any budget they have to chase the lowland league 'dream'. Preston seem to be happy just to be in it and haven't been genuinely competitive since it started.

Threave are the interesting one because they'd have been a team expected to challenge- they did their work off the pitch long before the inception of the lowland but haven't made the same type of investment of resources on the pitch ( and I'm not talking about merely cash but in recruiting the right people to take the club forward).

So perhaps it'll be different teams in the next few years, the point I'm

Making is that it's not really been. Selkirk at least are competitive and have made some progress on the pitch from that first season where I think they only won one game. Have the other three?

there will be. But with promotion and relegation it'll be different teams, and each team will get to find its level.

In the case of vale I believe they've torn holes in any budget they have to chase the lowland league 'dream'. Preston seem to be happy just to be in it and haven't been genuinely competitive since it started.

Threave are the interesting one because they'd have been a team expected to challenge- they did their work off the pitch long before the inception of the lowland but haven't made the same type of investment of resources on the pitch ( and I'm not talking about merely cash but in recruiting the right people to take the club forward).

So perhaps it'll be different teams in the next few years, the point I'm

Making is that it's not really been. Selkirk at least are competitive and have made some progress on the pitch from that first season where I think they only won one game. Have the other three?

I think if you look at the league the last 2 to 3 years there is a lot of teams who are still in the same position or now even lower down in the bottom half of the table, the likes of Gretna , Dalbeattie , gala, Selkirk, bsc, whitehill? So are we to say that these teams are not improving or making any progress on the pitch as well? We should just kick them all out so they find there level eh?

I think if you look at the league the last 2 to 3 years there is a lot of teams who are still in the same position or now even lower down in the bottom half of the table, the likes of Gretna , Dalbeattie , gala, Selkirk, bsc, whitehill? So are we to say that these teams are not improving or making any progress on the pitch as well? We should just kick them all out so they find there level eh?

No doubt there's been some movement amongst the league as people start to find their level, as borne out on here by the thoughts of many a welfare fan who's actually used that phrase, 'found our level'.

I'm essentially talking about clubs that haven't been competitive and might benefit from a season or two in the eos or sos where the finances may be less demanding and the time may be given to develop players and improve the squads.

If their level was the lowland then they'd return the following season and all involved may end up on a wee high from their successful season.

threave rovers will not finish bottom . big improvement down at meadow park at present . come on threave .

Good pal. Easter weekend been one full of the drink? ;-)

Need to win at least three of their last six games ( having only won three in their last 22) and hope that preston and vale fail to take any points in their remaining games.

Archived