Player/Team of the year

I do think this season is a particularly poor year in terms of quality tbh. Not so much at the bottom end, but certainly at the top. I'm not sure why anyone would take offence at this. That said, the East Fife performance against us at the start of the season was one of the best I've seen since the Queens Park playoff winning team 9 or 10 years ago.

We were horrific for large parts of this season, but it's only taken Coughlin to come in and sign a 30 year old player from Musselburgh and a few clever loans to make us look like we can compete on a level with any team in the league now.

I just think back to 99/00 when Berwick, Queens Park, Cowden, East Fife and Forfar were light years ahead of anything I've seen in this league in recent years, Peterhead and Rangers apart.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think this season is a particularly poor year in terms of quality tbh. Not so much at the bottom end, but certainly at the top. I'm not sure why anyone would take offence at this. That said, the East Fife performance against us at the start of the season was one of the best I've seen since the Queens Park playoff winning team 9 or 10 years ago.

We were horrific for large parts of this season, but it's only taken Coughlin to come in and sign a 30 year old player from Musselburgh and a few clever loans to make us look like we can compete on a level with any team in the league now.

I just think back to 99/00 when Berwick, Queens Park, Cowden, East Fife and Forfar were light years ahead of anything I've seen in this league in recent years, Peterhead and Rangers apart.

why don't you get together with 1320 litchie and form a support group fans whose team are having a s**** season dry your eyes

Yeah, the 5-0 game was 5 breakaways.

why don't you get together with 1320 litchie and form a support group fans whose team are having a s**** season dry your eyes

We have a shit season every year. If it makes you feel better, Clyde are amazing! The new Barca!

We have a shit season every year. If it makes you feel better, Clyde are amazing! The new Barca!

Well this is just it, we are only giving honest opinions, the teams at the top are still the best teams in the league so I'm not sure why their fans are getting so upset by people saying that the leagues been of a poor standard this year.

I've watched plenty of league 2 and league 1 football, there's been better/worse standards every few years depending on the clubs in each division and signings each team makes. That's just the way football works at this level. It's hardly a criticism.

The teams at the top are obviously still the best teams in the division.

Well this is just it, we are only giving honest opinions, the teams at the top are still the best teams in the league so I'm not sure why their fans are getting so upset by people saying that the leagues been of a poor standard this year.

I've watched plenty of league 2 and league 1 football, there's been better/worse standards every few years depending on the clubs in each division and signings each team makes. That's just the way football works at this level. It's hardly a criticism.

The teams at the top are obviously still the best teams in the division.

seriously i do think opinions can be clouded if your team iseither doing poorly or doing well honestly feel the football i have watched is better than last year , maybe because we are doing better but i do feel all the teams are willing to play attacking football with the exception of queens park

admittedly arbroath have went from a terrific football team half way through last season to a runof the mill bottom 4

seriously i do think opinions can be clouded if your team iseither doing poorly or doing well honestly feel the football i have watched is better than last year , maybe because we are doing better but i do feel all the teams are willing to play attacking football with the exception of queens park admittedly arbroath have went from a terrific football team half way through last season to a runof the mill bottom 4

Aww we are terrible, I'd like to say it's because the teams in the league have been so good this year but I genuinely just do not believe that.

I think Austin and Easton are 2 outstanding players for this level that take they 2 teams to another level than the rest but other than that I just think there's a lot of poor teams in this league, some, like ourselves, poorer than others, just checked and I canna believe we're just 18 points off top with the way this seasons gone, unbelievable.

My diddy team are better than yer diddy team!!!!1111!! Like two bald men fighting over a comb ffs....

No Berwick, Shire, Mo or Arbroath fan has said any of us are 'better' than the teams above. It is very amusing seeing Clyde fans, as always, furious and outraged at other fans not acknowledged just how big time they are and how lucky we are to watch them strut their stuff in our diddy wee league.

Aww we are terrible, I'd like to say it's because the teams in the league have been so good this year but I genuinely just do not believe that.

I think Austin and Easton are 2 outstanding players for this level that take they 2 teams to another level than the rest but other than that I just think there's a lot of poor teams in this league, some, like ourselves, poorer than others, just checked and I canna believe we're just 18 points off top with the way this seasons gone, unbelievable.

last year 53 points got you into the playoffs doubt 60 will get you a play off place

My diddy team are better than yer diddy team!!!!1111!! Like two bald men fighting over a comb ffs....

No Berwick, Shire, Mo or Arbroath fan has said any of us are 'better' than the teams above. It is very amusing seeing Clyde fans, as always, furious and outraged at other fans not acknowledged just how big time they are and how lucky we are to watch them strut their stuff in our diddy wee league.

sure if arbroath were at the top you would change your tune

saying the team that wins the league will be poorest in years when your team is in the grubber just sounds you lot have a petted lip and sour grapes

ps I really don't give a toss about other teams thistle being the exception but they are miles ahead of us at the moment

best team in the league will win the league, bleating on about the standard being poor might make this year's bottom feeders feel better :)

Is it that perhaps its not the top three that are slighty-better than the rest, but that you've not had the disaster of a season that you seem to be wallowing in? Granted, you've been poor, but it's well established that fine lines decide things more frequently the further down the pecking order you go. Between the last three full-member champions of the division, we had an unprecedented list of minted winners....Alloa under Hartley saw significant investment to go.straight up again, Peterhead pay absolute fortunes to keep their star men, and Albion Rovers shifted four games in ten months to fill their coffers and plan for the future. All fair in love and war, but maybe the likes of Clyde want to grow at our own rate even if it means shitfesting today for a brighter tomorrow. That Arbroath and Berwick, the two biggest bitch groups on the subject, can't raise the bar to compete is no ones fault but their own.

correct

ps only saying that because apparently I'm scared of you ha ha

saying the team that wins the league will be poorest in years when your team is in the grubber just sounds you lot have a petted lip and sour grapes

ps I really don't give a toss about other teams thistle being the exception but they are miles ahead of us at the moment

best team in the league will win the league, bleating on about the standard being poor might make this year's bottom feeders feel better :)

How does it make us feel better? Like think about that for a second, it does nothing of the sort, it's frustrating as f**k.

tell you why

my team is having a s**** so I will tell all the teams at the top that they are only there because they are best of a bad lot makes me feel not to bad even if they win the league they are just a bit less crap than we are its security blanket to hold on to

ps if by chance we do win don't really give a toss if we are the worst team in history to win league :)

The worst team I've seen promoted from this divison in living memory is our awful, awful team who finished fourth under John McGlashan, who ludicrously managed to shitfest the play offs by boring the other teams into submission. It's nothing to do with being near the top or bottom, it's watching turgid pish every week and not seeing any team show any sort of spark or flair apart from the odd turn or pass when in previous years watching Arbroath in this league there have been at least one or two standout teams who have ripped the rest apart most weeks.

In terms of this season, we are all diddies. In general, we are all diddies. We all support diddy clubs. It amuses me ever so much that so many Clyde fans think they're a cut above, both this season and in general.

tell you why

my team is having a s**** so I will tell all the teams at the top that they are only there because they are best of a bad lot makes me feel not to bad even if they win the league they are just a bit less crap than we are its security blanket to hold on to

ps if by chance we do win don't really give a toss if we are the worst team in history to win league :)

Pish!!!! As Simon says we were all happy to admit how bad we were when we won the play offs. That's not the reason at all no matter how much you want it to be the case, I've said this from the very first momth/months after seeing all the sides and ourselves. This isn't just something I've started saying because we are 9th.

ps Simon and 1320 where did I say we were a Clyde were a cut above the the seaside league teams ?

I don't think I know we are a cut above :)

ps bookmark that in case you win tommorow

Archived