Early Season "Opt-out" games - keep or drop?

Early Season opt-out - Keep or drop?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't actually have a problem with it. 

I think it's fair enough if a team see's the opportunity to make a wee bit more cash then why not? This option is open to all clubs not just Celtic remember.

Also has the potential to help teams in Europe. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should be able to move a fixture by a day or two if you have a European tie rather than postponing it to a midweek weeks in the future. For example if you're playing a European tie on the upcoming Tuesday, you could move to the Friday night to provide an extra day of recovery prior to the European game.

There is never any situation where moving for a friendly is acceptable. Play your scheduled league game or forfeit three points, it's that simple.

I think you should be able to move a fixture by a day or two if you have a European tie rather than postponing it to a midweek weeks in the future. For example if you're playing a European tie on the upcoming Tuesday, you could move to the Friday night to provide an extra day of recovery prior to the European game.

I could do with this option on FM... 

There is never any situation where moving for a friendly is acceptable. Play your scheduled league game or forfeit three points, it's that simple.

Totally agree with this second point too, close-season is for playing friendlies. Everyone else manages to organise them just fine.

They're supposed to be professional footballers. If you can't play two games in a week at the peak of pre-season in good weather on a pristine pitch while it's still warm what hope have they got of coping with it on a freezing early February when the sleet is horizontal?

The teams that are playing in Europe have squads that are big enough to rest most players if they aren't fully fit at that stage of the season, so at most they should be enitled to the clemency of not having to play two games inside three days.

If you want to play a club whose season hasn't started in a friendly you should have two choices: either use your reserves and squad rotation like a proper international standard club or ask them to play against you before your season starts.

Outright postponements is a nonsense.

Archived