Early Season "Opt-out" games - keep or drop?

Early Season opt-out - Keep or drop?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pollok juniors at Newlandsfield would be a welcome break from the regular league season.

You'd probably have to play the game at Pollok anyway if there's any more that 5 minutes rain in the fortnight leading up to the game.

You wouldn't want to upset them by calling off another game at the Maryhill aquatic centre.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Celtic intend to play (if they win the league)

UCL Qr2 L1 - Tue/Wed 12/13 Jul
UCL Qr2 L2 - Tue/Wed 19/20 Jul

ICC v Leicester (H) - Sat 23 Jul
UCL Qr3 L1 - Tue/Wed 26/27 Jul

ICC v Barca - (Dublin) - Sat 30 Jul
UCL Qr3 L2 - Tue/Wed 2/3 Aug

SPFL Fixture 1 - Sat 6 Aug
ICC v Inter (TBA) - Sat Aug 13
UCL Qr4 L1 - Tue/Wed 16/17 Aug
UCL Qr4 L2 - Tue/Wed 23/24 Aug

I know they have been banging on about the SPFL not providing an adequate test before a European game but surely a competitive fixture would get the players up to speed better than what will essentially be 3 training matches in the ICC.

Going to Dublin inbetween a 2 leg European tie seems utterly utterly daft as well. They could be jetting back from the arse-end of nowhere late on the Wednesday before or jetting out to the arse-end of nowhere to play the second leg on the Tuesday after. Complete madness from Celtic, I know that they have a big squad but are they really going to play a team of fringe players against Barca in Dublin and get humiliated. I'd think that there would be pressure on the management (whoever they may be at that time) to put out a strong side for all their Irish fans in Dublin.

Its not the issue of them cancelling a league game that sits poorly with me, its the fact that I think it could adversely affect their chances of progression in Europe, and if I were a Celtic fan, that would seriously bug my tits.

You'd probably have to play the game at Pollok anyway if there's any more that 5 minutes rain in the fortnight leading up to the game.

You wouldn't want to upset them by calling off another game at the Maryhill aquatic centre.

You're forgetting that we're bankrolled by multi-millionaires now and we're laying a brand new pitch, complete with a new drainage system in the close season.

Thanks for playing anyway.

You're forgetting that we're bankrolled by multi-millionaires now and we're laying a brand new pitch, complete with a new drainage system in the close season.

Wowsers..

So Celtic intend to play (if they win the league)

UCL Qr2 L1 - Tue/Wed 12/13 Jul

UCL Qr2 L2 - Tue/Wed 19/20 Jul

ICC v Leicester (H) - Sat 23 Jul

ICC v Barca - (Dublin) - Sat 30 Jul

SPFL Fixture 1 - Sat 6 Aug

ICC v Inter (TBA) - Sat Aug 13

Edited to remove fixtures they won't be playing.

It f*cking ludicrous that any team is allowed to postpone a league game for a non-competitive fixture. It undermines the credibility of the league and any "exposure" argument will be blown out of the water by the inevitable pumpings that our biggest club will receive from some of the best teams in Europe, further justifying the claims that our league is p*ss poor.

I also disagree with my own club postponing games, although I would say it's more reasonable to postpone a game to aid progression in Europe, as opposed to a money-spinning friendly. If clubs want to organise games with the big names in Europe they should do it in pre-season or midweek.

It's a preposterous situation but what else do you expect with a clown like Neil Doncaster in charge?

I hope Thistle exercise our right to organise a friendly when we're due to play Celtic. Pollok juniors at Newlandsfield would be a welcome break from the regular league season.

Where is the glamour in that for Pollok?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can expect to see you in Europe then and doing a Leicester next season now that you're throwing your weight about!

Archived