The Rhythm Method

Francesc Fabregas

So into this. Surely to god they have to tour with Real Lies up here.

The closest they're coming to playing in Scotland anytime soon is a festival in Manchester at the start of May. Hoping to make it down for it.

As for Real Lies, they're surely due a headline tour up here.

More Rhythm Method:

That first video sounds like The Pet Shop Boys ft. Mike Skinner.

That's not a compliment.

Edit: In fact, if you remove all the vocals and have Mick Hucknall do it, you've basically got "Fairground" era Simply Red.

That's not a compliment either.

Edited by Al B

I'm not digging this at all. The beats are bland and the lyrics clichéd. When the Streets came on the scene they appealed to people who wouldn't normally listen to that type of music, myself included. I doubt these guys will have a similar impact. For a comparison, let's push things forward......

I'm not digging this at all. The beats are bland and the lyrics clichéd. When the Streets came on the scene they appealed to people who wouldn't normally listen to that type of music, myself included. I doubt these guys will have a similar impact. For a comparison, let's push things forward......

Fair enough, but I would never have called the lyrics cliched - there's a line in there "Be my Cherie Blair, I'll be your cherie amour". That's pretty class wordplay.

Hmm, still not convinced, I'm also confused as to why anyone would want the object of their desire to have any similarities to Cherie Blair. I mean, she wasn't even attractive in '97 never mind nearly 20 years later.

Unless you're deliberately being obtuse, I think you might be missing the point of the lyrics. Regardless, while I appreciate the Rhythm Method might not be for everyone, I think they're fantastic.

Unless you're deliberately being obtuse, I think you might be missing the point of the lyrics. Regardless, while I appreciate the Rhythm Method might not be for everyone, I think they're fantastic.

Fair enough man, each to their own, I listen to loads of stuff that wouldn't be to everyone's taste (Welsh language bands, Latino hip hop and classical guitar for example). I'm genuinely confused about the Cherie Blair reference though.

Dropped it at half-time during Stenhousemuir's match with Forfar Athletic this afternoon. The crowd, made up mostly of old men and young teenagers, looked on indifferently.

Stick to the wrestling tunes, mate.

• 1 month later...