Former Chairman Passes

thelangonline

A very sad couple of week for all in Juniordom. Firsty the passing of Jimmy Anderson, a past President of the Central Region, and Maryhill stalwart, a man who I had a lot of respect for and now the news of Gib Fyffe. Gib was always great company, reminiscing of days gone by. A real wealth of knowledge and stickler for the rules. I learned a great deal from the man who always offered great encouragement to me in my term spent with him in the Central Region. Always made you very welcome when visiting Cambuslang.
2 fine men and 2 fine junior footballing families

For anyone attending today's game between Auchinleck Talbot and Cambuslang Rangers please note that both Clubs have agreed that a minute's silence will be observed prior to kick-off.

CLUB STATEMENT

It is with great sadness for the club to report that Gibby Fyfe former chairman and life member passed away this morning. Our condolences go to Jean, John and the family.

Our sincere condolences from everyone at Irvine Victoria FC

Gibby's funeral was well attended today.

Tom Johnston , Scott Robertson , Felix McKenna & most other region officials all in attendance.

Many clubs represented today including our neighbours Rutherglen Glencairn , Pollok , Petershill , St Anthonys , Rossvale to name but a few.

Also ex players of the club including Legendary winger from the '60's & '70's Willie McCallum.

Davie McGlaggan , our manager through our glory years was there today. He's now 88 & still as sharp as a tack.

Gibby , who was 92 , was a true 'juniors man' whom I've known man & boy. His passing is truly the end of an era for the club & his devotion to Cambuslang Rangers was humbling.

RIP Gibby.

Archived