Johann Cruyff dies

ICTChris

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earliest recollection of him is when Ajax beat Liverpool 5-1 in 1966/67 European Cup then he scored both Ajax goals in 2nd leg 2-2 draw at Anfield. He scores first goal in following clip from a game a few seasons later.

Sergeant Wilson all over this thread and getting absolutely nowhere. Fuckin Idiot.

Have to say DJ was a decent player back then, CH or CF and still under 20. Would get in the Scotland team now ahead of Hanley, Martin, etc.

Until he found out you were not in the top division. Amazing player and a genuine all-time legend but not going to the 78 World Cup and playing for Ajax's most bitter rivals suggests he wasn't the easiest player to get along with. Time for a pun I guess to try to gain some rep, but I have no idea how to work Wim van Hanegem into a witty format.

Until he found out you were not in the top division. Amazing player and a genuine all-time legend but not going to the 78 World Cup and playing for Ajax's most bitter rivals suggests he wasn't the easiest player to get along with. Time for a pun I guess to try to gain some rep, but I have no idea how to work Wim van Hanegem into a witty format.

Yeah, it's not mentioned in that article, but that was what I heard at the time - he saw Scottish Division 1 and thought 'top league' but when he found out it was actually 2nd tier, that's when he kyboshed the deal.

Archived