Club/League Records

energyzone

Do any clubs keep an official comprehensive list of their own records, such as all-time goalscorers, most appearances, unbeaten runs etc? Or do any fans keep an unofficial record?

Similarly, do the leagues hold any information on leading goalscorers and so on?

Not many clubs seem to have these records unfortunately. Up till about twenty years ago my own club(Kilsyth) did maintain a record but nowadays it is not kept up although it is now all on line. As the club historian and author of the club history I was lucky to have access to these records and also an independant set kept by a supporter from 1945 till early 1960's. They were invaluable and it would have been difficult, if not impossible, to have written the book without them.

So much information on junior football has been irretrievably lost, a real shame as it is now of great interest to a much wider audience . Anyone who has any old club records should try and get them digitised and put out for other folk to study.

We have records going back to our formation in 1912. We probably have around 75% of all results, and a high % of those have goal scorers and other notes. I'm part way through listing results by opponent, completing A to D at the moment.

We have a complete Scottish Junior Cup record for Renfrew FC and a partial record for Renfrew Victoria who was the previous Junior club in the town. There is also a number of Scottish Cup results for the Renfrew FC side who played senior football dating back to 1876.

Records from 1912 online at https://sites.google.com/site/renfrewfootballhistory/

I have my own records for Glencairn going back to 2000, and the club Centenary Book which gives me records up to 1996, but unfortunately I have that 4-year gap.

4 year gap...is that all...you have to fill that in ffs. Surely the Mitchell would be able to help. Stewart Davidson's non league yearbooks would give you league/cup results at the very least.

Read a wee Medda book years ago that had results and info up to the 50s cracking book.

James Delurys book I reckon. The one I have seen has great detail right up until a few years ago. Hopefully he can get it available to purchase in the near future as superb reading.

James Delurys book I reckon. The one I have seen has great detail right up until a few years ago. Hopefully he can get it available to purchase in the near future as superb reading.

Yip think that is indeed the one.

If you ever get the book you are talking about published would defo want a copy.

The Largs Thisle book is excellent done by a guy called Robertson (I think ) he used to do annuals for SJFA and has published booklets with results for all ayrshire teams from WW2 until late 60s

4 year gap...is that all...you have to fill that in ffs. Surely the Mitchell would be able to help. Stewart Davidson's non league yearbooks would give you league/cup results at the very least.

It is something I intend to do, as in 5 years' time we will be 125 years old and I intend to produce something to mark it.

I have full Arthurlie results, line ups and scorers from 1930 to 1975 ish plus all from the early 80's to present but have a few missing results inbetween, I also have Arthurlies full line ups and scorers from their senior league years plus the majority of details of games played from 1874 to 1930 including the amateur season.

It is something I intend to do, as in 5 years' time we will be 125 years old and I intend to produce something to mark it.

I have full Arthurlie results, line ups and scorers from 1930 to 1975 ish plus all from the early 80's to present but have a few missing results inbetween, I also have Arthurlies full line ups and scorers from their senior league years plus the majority of details of games played from 1874 to 1930 including the amateur season.

Do you guys know who your all time leading goalscorer is without totting it all up? Or most appearances?

Do you guys know who your all time leading goalscorer is without totting it all up? Or most appearances?

Been told the all time goalscorer statistics but not sure how far back they go.

Good to see so many clubs keeping this information!

Archived