Club/League Records

energyzone

Do you guys know who your all time leading goalscorer is without totting it all up? Or most appearances?

Alas no, I have missing scorers for a few seasons one where a player scored 67 goals, also have a good few who scored 50 plus in a season but that was when they played 60 plus games ............

Our old website ( www.clydebankfc.co.uk ) has all competitive game details from 2003-04 until the Cumnock game. Some links have match reports, photos and youtube copies of the games themselves. The webmeister is also undertaking a project to upload details of all of the Bankies senior games from 1965 onwards. Think he may also have though to do the Junior seasons as well - prior to 1964 ... but have a wee look. It's a great resource for our recent history

I've been gathering together Neilston scores (including Neilston FC senior side and Neilston Victoria) for some time with assistance from another supporter and Nugent4nil on this site who kindly takes a note of Neilston stuff while he's getting Arthurlie stuff.

http://neilstonjuniors.com/?page_id=275

I think our top appearances player and top scorer may well be the same player, either Brad Kirkland or Gordon Cochrane.

I have our final league records for each and every season of our 70 years.  After 70 years of league football up to the other week we've won 740 and lost 741, goals for 3,575, goals against 3,570 - talk about a mid table side!!!

We've got every result, which was a painstaking task by a now deceased fan who sat in the Mitchell Library and went through miles of microfilm to search out all the scores. We don't have scorers for the early years but do have them from 1931-32 onwards. The stats were all compiled in our centenary book.

Top Scorer: Johnny Wark with 183 in 6 and a bit seasons in the 1940s.

Most in a single season was 72 by Peter McGown in 1934-35.

Appearances is a tougher one to be definite, but Jimmy Shaw is almost certainly the player with most appearances as we played 846 games during his spell at Petershill from 1941-1956, but with no team lines to go back through its impossible to give a definite figure.

We've got every result, which was a painstaking task by a now deceased fan who sat in the Mitchell Library and went through miles of microfilm to search out all the scores. We don't have scorers for the early years but do have them from 1931-32 onwards. The stats were all compiled in our centenary book.

Top Scorer: Johnny Wark with 183 in 6 and a bit seasons in the 1940s.

Most in a single season was 72 by Peter McGown in 1934-35.

Appearances is a tougher one to be definite, but Jimmy Shaw is almost certainly the player with most appearances as we played 846 games during his spell at Petershill from 1941-1956, but with no team lines to go back through its impossible to give a definite figure.

I was fortunate enough to be sent league tables and results from someone from your club, absolutely outstanding research and as someone who 'tries' to do it I realise how much is involved. I have went through season after season on the microfiche then have a list of X amount of games im missing, I go back and there is the result, line up and scorers on a different page? If researchers had access to the actual paper copies, as they have in the Paisley Library, it would be so easy to flick a page scan it flick............  PS if you ever get a spare copy of the Petesrshill book please keep it aside for me!

I've been gathering together Neilston scores (including Neilston FC senior side and Neilston Victoria) for some time with assistance from another supporter and Nugent4nil on this site who kindly takes a note of Neilston stuff while he's getting Arthurlie stuff.

http://neilstonjuniors.com/?page_id=275

I think our top appearances player and top scorer may well be the same player, either Brad Kirkland or Gordon Cochrane.

I have our final league records for each and every season of our 70 years.  After 70 years of league football up to the other week we've won 740 and lost 741, goals for 3,575, goals against 3,570 - talk about a mid table side!!!

Next three games win two lose one with a goal average of minus 5 and I will get you on TV! hahaha

Regards Brad Kirkland, he seemingly fell out with Neilston on 99 goals for the club and signed, obviously to better himself, for Arthurlie before thankfully returning to the Farmers Boys and hitting the magic 100 and more. I know you'd said he had come back home and went to a game in recent times, that's just wonderful stuff!

Regards Coacky, Arthurlie tried to sign him countless times but he stayed loyal to Neilston, hes also famed for getting a whack between the legs, moaned about it after and the physio said 'geez a look then' Coacky duly dropped his under garments to which the physio jumped back in horror as hed never seen a black baw sack before such was the bruising................ the physio told me that and I asked Coacky who just laughed and nodded. 

A black sack? hahaha

PS I have another 3 seasons of details I need to write up for you

Archived