You thought Irvine Meadow are bad... Musselburgh Athletic are worse&#3

secret_admirer

Figures supplied by an anonymous source and disputed by an 'insider' at the club.  ;)

Ehm no it isn't disputed.  This is what the "insider" stated

As regards players and managements pay or lack off pay. You are way off the mark in your information. The club went 63 days without a home game over the winter, a longer break than preseason, which affected the amount of income that could be generated. For any organisation this would be a challenge and while it was not ideal the players December payment was missed. This is being redressed by the club and will be rectified by the seasons end.

So the December payment was not made and it will be rectified by the seasons end.  Which means at this moment, the players have been waiting for three months for December's wages to be paid.

Ehm no it isn't disputed.  This is what the "insider" stated

So the December payment was not made and it will be rectified by the seasons end.  Which means at this moment, the players have been waiting for three months for December's wages to be paid.

Actually it doesn't.The 'insider' stated that 'this is being redressed'..not that 'it will be redressed',which suggests that incremental payments are currently being made to redress the shortfall.

Actually it doesn't.The 'insider' stated that 'this is being addressed'..not that 'it will be addressed',which suggests that incremental payments are currently being made to redress the shortfall.

Have the players been paid for December?  Is it now April?  Therefore the players have been waiting three months to be paid for December, regardless of part payments or not.  This really isn't difficult to understand.

ETA: If it is "being redressed" by the club then it would, by definition, mean that it has not "been redressed".

Wasnt a very well kept secret about players not being paid in weeks surprised it hasnt come up on here until now. Hope they find a way through it, wont be the first club and certainly wont be the last to find themselves in a spot of financial bother.

Good luck

This post is easily, without doubt, the biggest pile of crap I think i have ever seen. It makes some of the Linlithgow posts look like the works of shakespeare.

1st) At the start of the season as far as i know - We did not have 18/19 players available. I have 15 listed here. 

2nd) I have Saturday's team sheet in front of me - 15 players available. Not 11/12. 15. 

3) Various youngesters to make up the bench. - Our bench on Saturday 2 guys with over 100 appearances and the other a superb player who was on Hibs books and has at least two super league medals. I believe that 1 player on loan has played 18 minutes combined this season  9 at Newtongrange on the 19th August and 9 at Fauldhouse last month. and another player played 9 minutes at Newtongrange on the 19th August. 

4) Your exodus of players is a bit over dramatic: From the team that started the season at Carnoustie 2 players have left. 1 wasn't getting a game and the other was sold to Dalkeith. We also sold 1 player to Berwick, are you suggesting we should have stopped a man who has been a top player and ambassador for the club from getting a shot at a higher level??

5) Your point about contracts and aggrements - sadly I don't know what contracts the players are on. You clearly know what every player is on (Do you have anything to do with Newtongrange?) So I can't help you there.

6) Where i can help you is with your final two points. Your slating of the chairman is bang out of order. Firstly, your cowardly way of twisting the post and secondly to suggest he doesn't care is frankly disgraceful. 

I have watched this club for the best part of 20 years and i can safely say there is no one who puts more work in (99% of it you don't hear about or see) than the chairman and his wife. You should step back and take a long hard look at yourself for that.  In fact i will go further than that, make yourself known at the next game and i will make it crystal clear to you exactly my feelings on that part of your post.

7) My personal view is that our Squad of players have done superb this season, beating the champions, Linlithgow, Newtongrange etc, unlucky not to progress in the scottish and still in the f & l. I have been fortunate to see the work the management team put in again in my view they have been a huge reason why the club have done so well and woundn't be surprised to see them at a much higher level in the future. 

8) It is a pity that throughout your post you failed to mention the huge costs this and other clubs have had to deal with. What with all your knowledge. for example out of the 16 Super league teams Musselburgh have had the most away league matches called off. I believe 3 of them where a bus was paid for. You also failed to mention the club didn't have a home game (despite having one of the best parks in the league) for over two months. Thats before you look at crowds accross the board being down this year.

9) your post also fails to mention the word 'committee'. Bit odd! It is easy to have a dig at someone from behind a keyboard, but what i can't get my head round is your failure to mention them? Chairman yes, players yes, management yes. Committee No. Which is a shame, because my own feelings are that if they (and myself) put in 1% of the work that the Chairman, Secretary and Management put in - then we would be in the Champions League every year! Don't get me wrong there are hard workers who i will not name, but my attitude is that as a group we can do so much more, as i would imagine every club can. 

10) I don't want to write too much....so I will look forward to seeing you at Hill of Beath - (as we attempt for a 3rd time this season to play there this season) where I will be delighted to spend the full 90 minutes and more telling you about the work that Mr and Mrs Chairman and our management put in to this club. - See you there.

Head Gone stuff.   So have the players been payed or not ?  you seem to ignore that point !

are they that hard up for players that's why your on the bench you never answered that either 

if there is a simple reason for it then why not just say !

Have the players been paid for December?  Is it now April?  Therefore the players have been waiting three months to be paid for December, regardless of part payments or not.  This really isn't difficult to understand.

ETA: If it is "being redressed" by the club then it would, by definition, mean that it has not "been redressed".

Why would we disregard part payments though? If we accept that an incremental scheme was put in place then it's possible that the three month figure is inaccurate as payments to the players might have begun some time ago.

The OP tells us that players had not been paid for 2/3 months which Gunnar,the 'insider' at the club says is 'way off the mark'suggesting that no player has gone that time without payment.

So.since the money owed would probably be included in their weekly/monthly envelope,it could be that although the remainder of the December wage will be paid in the next few weeks,the players could already have the bulk of that money in the hippy.

Why would we disregard part payments though? If we accept that an incremental scheme was put in place then it's possible that the three month figure is inaccurate as payments to the players might have begun some time ago.

The OP tells us that players had not been paid for 2/3 months which Gunnar,the 'insider' at the club says is 'way off the mark'suggesting that no player has gone that time without payment.

So.since the money owed would probably be included in their weekly/monthly envelope,it could be that although the remainder of the December wage will be paid in the next few weeks,the players could already have the bulk of that money in the hippy.

You really are struggling here. Money due from December has not been paid, therefore it is outstanding and has been for three months. Part payments do not alter this fact.

And just to clarify further, I have not stated that a player has not been paid for 3 months so I have no idea why you are quoting the OP in relation to my posts.

How anybody can compere a 3 month cash flow situation to a debt that has built up over an number of years to six figures is a joke.the o.p. either works for the red tops or has another agenda.

This is a situation most clubs could find themselves in. 60 odd days without a home game and the lack of income that incurs would be a hammer blow for most clubs. Summer football per chance.........well we already have summer football in the juniors, season runs from August to second Saturday in June, but we just try and play the majority of games in winter

I've no view on any of this stuff but Musselburgh's season isn't unbalanced. They've got 6 league games left to play - 3 at home and 3 away. So if there is any shortfall in funds - and I've no idea whether there is or not - it wouldn't seem likely that it could be resolved from remaining home games. No more so than at any other time of the year anyway. The season to the end of May is 10 months. We're 80% of the way through that and Musselburgh are 80% of the way through their league schedule.

I've no view on any of this stuff but Musselburgh's season isn't unbalanced. They've got 6 league games left to play - 3 at home and 3 away. So if there is any shortfall in funds - and I've no idea whether there is or not - it wouldn't seem likely that it could be resolved from remaining home games. No more so than at any other time of the year anyway. The season to the end of May is 10 months. We're 80% of the way through that and Musselburgh are 80% of the way through their league schedule.If every team had home games every 2 weeks I am sure there would not be a problem. But to not have a single game in 12 would give most clubs cash flow issues

If they had a game every 2 weeks I agree but no game in 12 weeks would give most clubs a cash flow problem. And the end of the season this year is the 10th of June

If they had a game every 2 weeks I agree but no game in 12 weeks would give most clubs a cash flow problem. And the end of the season this year is the 10th of June

Is it not actually the 3rd Saturday in June which is the 18th - unless the rules have changed?

This post is easily, without doubt, the biggest pile of crap I think i have ever seen. It makes some of the Linlithgow posts look like the works of shakespeare.

1st) At the start of the season as far as i know - We did not have 18/19 players available. I have 15 listed here. 

2nd) I have Saturday's team sheet in front of me - 15 players available. Not 11/12. 15. 

3) Various youngesters to make up the bench. - Our bench on Saturday 2 guys with over 100 appearances and the other a superb player who was on Hibs books and has at least two super league medals. I believe that 1 player on loan has played 18 minutes combined this season  9 at Newtongrange on the 19th August and 9 at Fauldhouse last month. and another player played 9 minutes at Newtongrange on the 19th August. 

4) Your exodus of players is a bit over dramatic: From the team that started the season at Carnoustie 2 players have left. 1 wasn't getting a game and the other was sold to Dalkeith. We also sold 1 player to Berwick, are you suggesting we should have stopped a man who has been a top player and ambassador for the club from getting a shot at a higher level??

5) Your point about contracts and aggrements - sadly I don't know what contracts the players are on. You clearly know what every player is on (Do you have anything to do with Newtongrange?) So I can't help you there.

6) Where i can help you is with your final two points. Your slating of the chairman is bang out of order. Firstly, your cowardly way of twisting the post and secondly to suggest he doesn't care is frankly disgraceful. 

I have watched this club for the best part of 20 years and i can safely say there is no one who puts more work in (99% of it you don't hear about or see) than the chairman and his wife. You should step back and take a long hard look at yourself for that.  In fact i will go further than that, make yourself known at the next game and i will make it crystal clear to you exactly my feelings on that part of your post.

7) My personal view is that our Squad of players have done superb this season, beating the champions, Linlithgow, Newtongrange etc, unlucky not to progress in the scottish and still in the f & l. I have been fortunate to see the work the management team put in again in my view they have been a huge reason why the club have done so well and woundn't be surprised to see them at a much higher level in the future. 

8) It is a pity that throughout your post you failed to mention the huge costs this and other clubs have had to deal with. What with all your knowledge. for example out of the 16 Super league teams Musselburgh have had the most away league matches called off. I believe 3 of them where a bus was paid for. You also failed to mention the club didn't have a home game (despite having one of the best parks in the league) for over two months. Thats before you look at crowds accross the board being down this year. 

I don't want to write too much....so I will look forward to seeing you at Hill of Beath - (as we attempt for a 3rd time this season to play there this season) where I will be delighted to spend the full 90 minutes and more telling you about the work that Mr and Mrs Chairman and our management put in to this club. - See you there.

Musseyboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many you have today?

13 with one being a sub goalie, ended with 9 men v Hill of beath. I think it shows clearly whats happening at the club in the background,

The counter to that is that if you've had matches played up front then the money should be there to see you through. Different if you've had a pile of away games and then don't kick a ball for ages.

There may not be a problem at all at Musselburgh. I reckon there must be a few teams struggling because it feels to me that there are fewer and fewer people coming through the gates at a lot of East Superleague teams.

Archived