English Football Doping

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been rumours about arsenal n man u etc for years as well as top two in Spain.....ironic if this has just come public to stop Leicester breaking the status quo ( not the band....theyre better with drugs)

What happened to the 'revelation' about a few of the EPL players being 'outed' as 'homosexual' earlier in the season?

Twitter is good for a lot of shite.

I remember I got caught (You'll find the thread somewhere in this forum) when it was alleged Brendan Rogers had been sleeping with a transsexual.

Not doubting the truth of this - but Twitter needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt, it's easy for something like this to snowball.

Watching the energy levels that Leicester have I wouldn't be surprised. They seem to just be able to run and run and run.

I doubt that the allegations will be anything other than 'historic' - it's rare to see doping claims being made about live competitions and seasons.

There's no doubt that performance enhancing substances offer a significant edge in football, if perhaps not quite as much as in other sports like cycling. Throw in the amount of money involved and it's only a matter of where and how extensively doping will be uncovered.

There's only a token amount of testing too. I remember a survey where 14% of the footballers in it knew someone who had doped. As with all sports it'll be rife.

There's only a token amount of testing too. I remember a survey where 14% of the footballers in it knew someone who had doped. As with all sports it'll be rife.

Understatement.

In Scotland we currently test 1 player a month, and didn't bother for 3 months  :lol:!!

Even FA only test 176 per month, with 2/3 'out-of-season'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35776618

_88686768_football_drugs_testing_v2.png

Archived