Greenock

aj85

Heard Greenock have parted company with club captain Allan Docherty , and seen in paper they are in debate with council over unpaid fees. Hope this can be sorted and and hope Allan can find a club soon enough , cracking player..

What I want to no is had any other clubs had run ins with their local council. I no at the port we did a few seasons back.

Wasn't having a go at Greenock , got a lot of friends who play there and I hope it gets sorted. As I said before it happened to us at the port.

Was just curious as to what the gripe was from Greenocks side. I would assume they have what they think is good reason for non payment. I'm sure alot of junior clubs have run ins with local councils but haven't seen many barred from there home ground. And it's happened twice down that way now with Port Glasgow and Greenock.

Non payment from port Glasgow as they were promised fee free facilities due to the cock up when they were put out of their own woodhall facility until they were given their own park. Greenock have logically adopted the if the port aren't paying £100+ why should we.

Local council dont own the parks or run them it's down to a separate crowd called Inverclyde leisure so upto them not the council how they handle it v

Heard Greenock have parted company with club captain Allan Docherty , and seen in paper they are in debate with council over unpaid fees. Hope this can be sorted and and hope Allan can find a club soon enough , cracking player..

What I want to no is had any other clubs had run ins with their local council. I no at the port we did a few seasons back.

Who no's why they've no paid

Doesnt look like it's going away by today's paper

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/14423523.Greenock_Juniors_could_fold_over_cash_row_with_Inverclyde_Council/

Interesting read. Be very interested to see how this pans out, as I know we've been paying a fortune for use of facilities for years, got knocked back for a £500 grant towards running costs and have never had anyone from the council approach us to help us get such grants. Also the award of a £4500 grant to cover debts owed... ? Really.

So does any one know were Greenock will play their home games as it doesn't look like they have a match before Glencairn play them would be nice to know

We assume the game will be played at Ravenscraig Stadium as normal, as we haven't heard any differently and the game is a week tomorrow.

Is this the same Docherty who was involved in some sort of alleged incidents in games against Ardeer last season or a different one?

Archived