Hibs v Falkirk

No pressure on Falkirk as even if we lost who would wager on Hibs catching us anyway with the dross they have served up of late. Sevco will turn them over anyway for starters.

Just go and relax and play. What will be will be.

You seem quite certain that Sevco won't be in holiday mode, after next Sunday they'll have nothing to play for till next season like hearts last season and we took full advantage of that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you got Raith home or away? We need 3 big performances now to haul ourselves back together. We are capable of it but whether or not We will do it is another matter.

Our remaining games are:

Hibs (A)

Raith (A)

Morton (H)

We could just as easily come out of it with zero.

I'd stick Sibbald back in from the start for this one and keep Hippo in reserve for the last half hour. Is old man McCracken capable of playing twice in four days?

Basically Hibs HAVE to win all 5 of their remaining games to get 2nd therefore not depending on favours from any other team. Four home games however is in Hibs favour, but they might have too much on the go with Cup Semi Finals etc. Falkirk have nothing to lose on Tuesday and certainly should not be thinking about trying to play for a draw, we are a better team going forward, and Hibs weakness is defence and keeper, I can see this being 2-2 or 3-2 either way.

You seem quite certain that Sevco won't be in holiday mode, after next Sunday they'll have nothing to play for till next season like hearts last season and we took full advantage of that.

My mate was certain Alloa v Hibs was stick on away win, even at 1-0. How did that work out ?

The timing of the Rangers game is good, if expected that they get their arse skelpt v celic, they'll be out to correct v Hibs, if they win, they will be on a massive high.

We stop Cummins on Tuesday and we will at least get a draw, thankfully Stubbs management skills in subbing him after miss of the season has worked wonders on his confidence. The pressure is all on the Hibees

Basically Hibs HAVE to win all 5 of their remaining games to get 2nd therefore not depending on favours from any other team. Four home games however is in Hibs favour, but they might have too much on the go with Cup Semi Finals etc. Falkirk have nothing to lose on Tuesday and certainly should not be thinking about trying to play for a draw, we are a better team going forward, and Hibs weakness is defence and keeper, I can see this being 2-2 or 3-2 either way.

I'm not sure the games being at home is in their favour. Being at home on a run like hibs are it can work against you.

Guest Back Post Misses

Hibs have been in holiday mode since February? They won't lie down to Hibs, no chance. The Orcs fans will be desperate to keep Hibs down and will demand their team turn up

Fucking ridiculous. That away stand is huge. It should be PATG. What numbers are Falkirk fans hoping to bring? One of the biggest, if not the biggest game of the season for both clubs.

There is always a ticket booth selling away tickets outside the away stand at Easter Road.

I know Raith and Dunfermline operate similar systems, due to folk that were working the turnstiles pocketing some of the takings (Fife tinks). Could be a similar reason for this at Hibs?

It does all seem a bit pointless though. That stand holds 3,943 - we'd take half that absolute tops if this was on a Saturday.

Holiday mode or not. Hibs have no chance of beating Rangers. Hibs are a really poor side.

Hibs have been in holiday mode since February? They won't lie down to Hibs, no chance. The Orcs fans will be desperate to keep Hibs down and will demand their team turn up

Doesn't matter what fans want :lol:

Hibs fans want to win the Scottish cup. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

I think the only change we will see is Sibbald in for Miller.

Was surprised to see Miller play the full 90 yesterday.

Yeah, I thought that too. Must have known he wouldn't be starting midweek. I think we'll set up a 451 with Hippolyte out left and Sibbs being more advanced in the centre. Interesting to see if he goes with McHugh or Baird up top. I reckon Baird is best with a partner and McHugh has looked sharp.

Wouln't say we need to win our last five games but we definitely need to win this one to have half a chance. With the amount of games this month and a game against Rangers, we'll definitely drop points after this regardless of what happens on Tuesday. Three points with two games in hand would leave it pretty touch and go but if it's six or nine, forget about it.

Remember when Hibs were good?

Aye a couple of months ago that seem like years ago :(

Remember when Hibs fans felt Stubbs was doing a great job? (2 weeks ago)

You've made that up.

Remember when Hibs fans felt they had the 2nd biggest budget and if they finished 2nd that was ok..
Completely ignoring that even
though that was true the budget wasn't to finish 2nd but to compete with Rangers?

Absolute word salad.

Holiday mode or not. Hibs have no chance of beating Rangers. Hibs are a really poor side.

Tbh if we're still in the cup then I'd rather that we didn't take any unnecessary risks against Stubbs team.

Tbh if we're still in the cup then I'd rather that we didn't take any unnecessary risks against Stubbs team.

I just feel even though this game is meaningless from our point of view. Hibs pretty much lose every week. Can't see us losing.

Archived