Bully Wee vs East Fife

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like KK says, I think Naysmith being a bit more adventurous and going two up front was a big help as well as starting himself every week. We started the season really well. a couple of slip ups in the league but tucked in just behind Annan after the first quarter and impressive performances against Dumbarton, Falkirk and Motherwell in the cups.

I think this season is more about what went wrong just before Christmas, rather than what went right at the end, in a way. We were 2nd in the 1st quarter, and will end up 1st in the 3rd and 4th quarters. but were 8th the 2nd quarter.

Have to admit, we've also been lucky with injuries since new year. I think our first 11 is quite a bit ahead of anyone else's in this league. And we haven't picked up many injuries that have kept people out for extended periods of time in 2016. If 2 or 3 key players had been missing for most of that, it could have been different.

I know opinions were divided about Naysmith in the past but I've always thought he'd make a good manager and was worth giving the time to develop. Clubs seem to want to hire young managers who've played at a high level and a few clubs have had instant success with that (Alloa and Dumbarton) but I think if you're going to do that and you believe in that manager, you have to be prepared to give them time. Even if you've played at a very high level, manager's obviously need some time to learn and make mistakes. East Fife have stuck by Gary through the tougher times and that's shown to have been a very good move.

Also if you look at the team selections as you say, it basically picks itself but if you look at our 2nd quarter slump you will see that it also coincides with the the long term injuries to Kevin Smith and Stevie Campbell, our return to form also coincides with their return to fitness and to the starting eleven!!!

I'm not saying we're a two man show but I am highlighting the importance of those two to the Team, glad they're both signed up already for next season!!!

Also if you look at the team selections as you say, it basically picks itself but if you look at our 2nd quarter slump you will see that it also coincides with the the long term injuries to Kevin Smith and Stevie Campbell, our return to form also coincides with their return to fitness and to the starting eleven!!!

I'm not saying we're a two man show but I am highlighting the importance of those two to the Team, glad they're both signed up already for next season!!!

I hear Campbell may not be with us,despite signing on. Moving to the UAE if my source is correct

Not a hope in hell will we take 500 + to the game. If the club got their fingers out and started taking down reservations for bus transport we might have been able to achieve that many. Ah well.

Is it really the clubs fault thought? Yes we can go and win the league at Broadwood but do we really want to fill up their coffers?

Is it really the clubs fault thought? Yes we can go and win the league at Broadwood but do we really want to fill up their coffers?

You wouldn't go see your team clinch the championship because you would have to give Clyde £12? What a bitter b*****d.

Not a hope in hell will we take 500 + to the game. If the club got their fingers out and started taking down reservations for bus transport we might have been able to achieve that many. Ah well. 

Not sure why you feel the need to have a go at the club and our potential travelling support considering we are on the brink of our greatest achievement for 20 years.

I also think you might be surprised at the numbers planning on heading through... 

It's got nothing to do with our "coffers" You may see your team crowned champions, it doesnt matter about geography, as many as possible should be there. I could understand if you had said you would rather the opportunity to win was at home, but the snidey filling up coffers comment makes you look like a baked fud.

Fans who've been there season in/season out will be there on Sat if commitments allow it.  

Hopefully there are a few of us and the atmosphere is good as let's face it, it's not been a barrel of laughs supporting the Fife over the past few seasons, and the chance to see your team win the league is not something that comes along all too often.

This has nothing to do with "filling Clyde's coffers".  It's about seeing the Fife win the league, whether it be at Broadwood, Shielfield or Bayview.

Can see a few at the East Stirling game which will be (barring a Hibsesque collapse) trophy day

It's got nothing to do with our "coffers" You may see your team crowned champions, it doesnt matter about geography, as many as possible should be there. I could understand if you had said you would rather the opportunity to win was at home, but the snidey filling up coffers comment makes you look like a baked fud.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious.

I hear Campbell may not be with us,despite signing on. Moving to the UAE if my source is correct

That's a bit shit!!!

Archived