Unbeaten Runs

energyzone

Bradley at Linlithgow Rose went over 50 games and over a year unbeaten - losing his first game in the final against Talbot

Just a bit if pomp and nostalgic here but as Talbot fan I think that final against Linlithgow was the most satisfying in recent years.

To see the Best in the West easily beat the cream of the East was the icing to a great cup run. We beat all the big teams that year. Talbot were truly Deserved Champions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a bit if pomp and nostalgic here but as Talbot fan I think that final against Linlithgow was the most satisfying in recent years.

To see the Best in the West easily beat the cream of the East was the icing to a great cup run. We beat all the big teams that year. Talbot were truly Deserved Champions

Steady up. You deserved the win but you had run out of ideas by the time we gifted you a goal. But we were atrocious on the day and you were the better side. I'd just finished saying that you'd shot your bolt - like a proper arsehole!

Steady up. You deserved the win but you had run out of ideas by the time we gifted you a goal. But we were atrocious on the day and you were the better side. I'd just finished saying that you'd shot your bolt - like a proper arsehole!

Mmmhhhhaaaa I think you are getting that game mixed up with the daylight robbery final of 2002 when you cheated your way to the trophy. Anyway I digress, Talbot put you lot to the sword and there was only gonna be one winner that day.

Take it on the chin buddy we all have off days. Shotts 2012 for us, they played outstanding and we were never in it.

Old Armadale fan told us that when they won the cup in 1946 they were unbeaten in 47 games. Any one can confirm?

Two points.

Armadale Thistle went unbeaten in season 1943-44 in the wartime Lanark & Lothians League (24 games), they won the league the previous year as well losing 4 games but the winning run could have started then.

Fauldhouse United reputedly went 46 games unbeaten between 1945 and 1946  (they won the league in 1944-45 losing 2 games, then won the league the next season not losing any) before losing to Ormiston Primrose 6-3 in the semi-final of the St.Michaels Cup.

Mmmhhhhaaaa I think you are getting that game mixed up with the daylight robbery final of 2002 when you cheated your way to the trophy. Anyway I digress, Talbot put you lot to the sword and there was only gonna be one winner that day.

Take it on the chin buddy we all have off days. Shotts 2012 for us, they played outstanding and we were never in it.

I remember 2003 when we turned you over 6-0 which was justice after the 2002 final where 1-0 flattered you.

Will concede that in 2013 the better team won on the day. But we looked a tired team coming off the back of 3 games a week leading up to the final

I remember 2003 when we turned you over 6-0 which was justice after the 2002 final where 1-0 flattered you.

Will concede that in 2013 the better team won on the day. But we looked a tired team coming off the back of 3 games a week leading up to the final

Tired my arse yous were put to the sword by one of the best Talbot teams in recent history.

But I'll return your whine with me remembering Davie Gillies coming off the bench with seconds to go to level the game 2-2 and we then we went on send you packing in the replay.

The sheer joy of looking at all you smug lithgae faces after you all thought you had sealed the win scoring late on was priceless. Spent that night in yer toon but in Bo'ness pub where I was educated in why lithgae is universally disliked by all in the east. Brilliant memories :-D

Tired my arse yous were put to the sword by one of the best Talbot teams in recent history.

But I'll return your whine with me remembering Davie Gillies coming off the bench with seconds to go to level the game 2-2 and we then we went on send you packing in the replay.

The sheer joy of looking at all you smug lithgae faces after you all thought you had sealed the win scoring late on was priceless. Spent that night in yer toon but in Bo'ness pub where I was educated in why lithgae is universally disliked by all in the east. Brilliant memories :-D

Are you on drugs. A Beggars pub in the Royal Burgh  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That wouldn't happen down here lol

I did think it was strange but I was told, apparently the lithgae support are too middle class to drink in pubs.

I am guessing you were in the Crown which is owned by an ex Boness player but it is definitely not a Beggars pub.

Stick your middle class up your ars* - most of us Rose fans are upper class.

I am guessing you were in the Crown which is owned by an ex Boness player but it is definitely not a Beggars pub.

Stick your middle class up your ars* - most of us Rose fans are upper class.

Whatever it was they didn't like anything lithgae.

That was the best ever season as a Talbot supporter as we beat the best ever linlithgow team (easily)

Whatever it was they didn't like anything lithgae.

That was the best ever season as a Talbot supporter as we beat the best ever linlithgow team (easily)

C'mon you won fair and square in 2013 but the best ever Rose team !!!!

1965 and 2002 were the best ever Rose teams. 

C'mon you won fair and square in 2013 but the best ever Rose team !!!!

1965 and 2002 were the best ever Rose teams.

To go through a whole season unbeaten takes some feat but then again the east league isn't as strong as the west so you might be right.

The Talbot team who played in the 2002 final was the poorest Talbot team to play in the final.

Still they were unlucky to lose 1-0 and the Rosey Posey goal should never have been allowed and was also against the run of play as Talbot were on the ascendency.

A member of the Rosey coaching team at the time agreed with the above when I bumped into him a couple of years ago.

The 2002/03 team must have been worse as they lost Six goals to the Rose.

Our head to head record is still better. Rose 3 wins, a draw and 2 losses.

You have never won at Linlithgow - yet we have won at Talbot. You have never won by more than a single goal in a competitive fixture.

So I think that shows we are two great teams who have tight games.

Yes overall your record is awesome - but ours over the years ain't to shabby either.

The 2002/03 team must have been worse as they lost Six goals to the Rose.

Our head to head record is still better. Rose 3 wins, a draw and 2 losses.

You have never won at Linlithgow - yet we have won at Talbot. You have never won by more than a single goal in a competitive fixture.

So I think that shows we are two great teams who have tight games.

Yes overall your record is awesome - but ours over the years ain't to shabby either.

Incorrect - we have 4. We took 8 off them in the 50's as well.

Archived